Home Non Cigar Related

Got a question...

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody own/use a selfie stick?  How does a person deal with the problem of focus if you're using it alone?  I know the iPhone focuses automatically but mine seems to take a certain amount of time before it's focused. How would I know when it's focused?

Comments

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've already established elsewhere that you are a hansom man with a hansom mustache, but a selfie stick?????
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeeze, you clowns are such a huge help.  :p  if ya must know, my child bride, sweetheart that she is, is one of those people who has absolutely no mechanical aptitude. If it's mechanical it hates her. We can spend hours trying to get a photo of the Mighty Jasper whereas only seconds if I had a selfie stick. 

I shoulda known better. I shoulda just googled it in the first place instead of giving you vultures a chance to heap ridicule upon this loveable oldfart. Well, live and learn, I guess. (Emphasis on 'live') B)
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    Selfie stick... Lol.
    Selfie stick... Lol.
    And you too, ya putz. Ya coulda at least clicked the LOL button, but Noooooo.....  :p
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Anytime somebody opens their mouth around here,.......the rest of us let our inner Don Rickles come out.   
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a thought...  do you have a camera that you could use instead of your iPhone?

Most of them have timers for selfie-stuff, and the lens of a camera might be better for portraiture too.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    Here's a thought...  do you have a camera that you could use instead of your iPhone?

Most of them have timers for selfie-stuff, and the lens of a camera might be better for portraiture too.
    Now, see?  That's the kind of helpful advice I'd expect from the BOTLs.  :D

Yep, I do have a camera with a self-timer. And now that you mention it, I believe there's even an app within an app that I have on my iPhone. I'd forgotten all about it. 

Thank ya, Peter. Youze iz a good kid....  I'll look into that. (The app, not the kid).  B)
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Selfie stick... Lol.
    And you too, ya putz. Ya coulda at least clicked the LOL button, but Noooooo.....  :p
    Did you know that someone somewhere makes selfie shoes too? And that someone somewhere owns them hahaha
    jlmarta said:
    Selfie stick... Lol.
    Did you know that someone somewhere makes selfie shoes too? And that someone somewhere owns them hahaha
    Ha ha. I can't begin to guess what that means..... LOL
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Selfie stick... Lol.
    Here in WI pervs go to jail for using those.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    jlmarta said:
    Selfie stick... Lol.
    Here in WI pervs go to jail for using those.
    Okay, I'll bite. What the hell is a selfie shoe??
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just giving you a hard time. They do have their purpose.
    You're fine, Charlie. It's some of these other goofballs who are confusing the oldfart......  B)