Home General Discussion

Apocalypse

Just saw The Road recently and it got me thinking, if you knew the world was going to end in the next few hours, what would your last cigar be?

Comments

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    sightunseen:
    Just saw The Road recently and it got me thinking, if you knew the world was going to end in the next few hours, what would your last cigar be?
    I would light them all up and invite the neighbors over for drinks, smokes, and if the right neighbor came over sex!
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Humm... that's a good question! Which deserves more thought (though if indeed a reality, a luxury one would not have). My book club read this book this past year and sparked some very interesting discussions. Really looking forward to seeing the movie! Please tell me it was good!??

Looking forward to seeing everyone's replies one this one!
  • Sandman1am:
    sightunseen:
    I would light them all up and invite the neighbors over for drinks, smokes, and if the right neighbor came over sex!
    Same here, however I would loot my B&M.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Phillies Blunt full of ganja. I mean really, if I'm going to relax with a smoke because everyone's going to di, it's going to be a smoke that really has a kick
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Phillies Blunt full of ganja. I mean really, if I'm going to relax with a smoke because everyone's going to di, it's going to be a smoke that really has a kick
    Exxxxxaactly! That and a huge mug of tequila and the greasiest friggin' cheeseburger you ever saw.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess it'd have to be a Gurkha HMR. That'd probably be the only time I'd feel confident pulling that kinda money outta the bank to pay for one of these.

After that, I'd do every drug I've never done all at the same time and when the massive fire ball hits me everything will explode into a massive rainbow kaleidoscope.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    To each their own, but I'd not do any illicit substances. I don't do them because I don't want to, not because they are illegal. I'd probably open all the special bottles of wine and liquor I have and open up my humidor and invite everyone I care about to come over and help themselves. To me, thats the best part of cigars and spirits anyhow. I am certain that I'd enjoy everyone enjoying my sticks and spirits, while doing so myself, than I would smoking a $3000 cigar and drinking Louis by myself.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    One2gofst:
    To each their own, but I'd not do any illicit substances. I don't do them because I don't want to, not because they are illegal. I'd probably open all the special bottles of wine and liquor I have and open up my humidor and invite everyone I care about to come over and help themselves. To me, thats the best part of cigars and spirits anyhow. I am certain that I'd enjoy everyone enjoying my sticks and spirits, while doing so myself, than I would smoking a $3000 cigar and drinking Louis by myself.
    I don't do drugs either, and not because their illegal, because I don't want to. But if I knew a giant freakin meteor were gonna fall from the sky and completely annihilate the entire planet, I just don't think I'd actually want to see it. I mean would your brain actually let you see that anyway. We produce a lot of triptomines in our brain naturally so I think if our brains actually knew what was going on, they'd probably just start releasing everything they've got.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    If I had to stick to what I've got, it'd probably be a MOW ruination. But it just wouldn't be the same if I couldn't enjoy them with some friends.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I doubt anybody would tell us it was coming, actually. Ridiculous amounts of panic would ensue. So what I'd probably do is kiss my girlfriend, dawn my Superman uniform, and save the world AGAIN. If this planet doesn't start dodging asteroids on its own, I'm going to start charging. I'd smoke a CAO America while I do it though, since a barberpole cigar would look nice in the newspaper photos.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    As many HMR's as one could consume before the world went to Hell in a Hand Basket. I'd go all Mad Max with my Mossy 500 and my cigars and hit the open road looking to make the absolute most of the rest of my time.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    betasynn:
    I doubt anybody would tell us it was coming, actually. Ridiculous amounts of panic would ensue. So what I'd probably do is kiss my girlfriend, dawn my Superman uniform, and save the world AGAIN. If this planet doesn't start dodging asteroids on its own, I'm going to start charging. I'd smoke a CAO America while I do it though, since a barberpole cigar would look nice in the newspaper photos.
    Ha...I'd pay to see it. You should start charging!
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968

I would light several of my favourites and do the biggest comparison testing I've ever done.
    A RP Vintage 1990,
    a Sol Cubano Artisan,
    a JR Ultimate Maduro...well aged...
    a Cuban H. Upman Magnum 50
    and a Cuban R&J

I mean, if it's my last smoke, might as well be worth while?

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭

Smokeee:
    Humm... that's a good question! Which deserves more thought (though if indeed a reality, a luxury one would not have). My book club read this book this past year and sparked some very interesting discussions. Really looking forward to seeing the movie! Please tell me it was good!??

The movie will leave you feeling like the book- a bit disturbed, but mostly depressed. I thought it was a very good movie and a faithful adaptation to the book. Viggo Mortenson was very good as the dad. The kid was pretty good too, not annoying as I had feared.

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    How many "end of the world" movies do we really need out at the same time?
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I suppose I'd walk out into the country with the dog, a couple of RP Fusions.  Wait, I do that every night...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    camgfs:

I would light several of my favourites and do the biggest comparison testing I've ever done.
    A RP Vintage 1990,
    a Sol Cubano Artisan,
    and a Cuban R&J

But them all down and smoke a Partagas Serie D #4 Habana. That is the ultimate in my opinion. Come over to my house, I have a few.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    camgfs:

A RP Vintage 1990,
    a Sol Cubano Artisan,
    and a Cuban R&J

But them all down and smoke a Partagas Serie D #4 Habana. That is the ultimate in my opinion. Come over to my house, I have a few.

End Of The World Party at Kas's house , woo hoo I'm In !!!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    gmill880:
    kaspera79:
    camgfs:

A RP Vintage 1990,
    a Sol Cubano Artisan,
    and a Cuban R&J

End Of The World Party at Kas's house , woo hoo I'm In !!!
    Kas I don't know if you heard the end of the world is coming! When is the party?
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    sightunseen:

Smokeee:

The movie will leave you feeling like the book- a bit disturbed, but mostly depressed. I thought it was a very good movie and a faithful adaptation to the book. Viggo Mortenson was very good as the dad. The kid was pretty good too, not annoying as I had feared.

Man, I loved this book and am so glad to hear it was a pretty good depiction of the book- as so many movies are not!... If you like this kinda read- I'd recommend "Oryx and Crake" by Margaret Atwood. This is my ALL TIME FAV. book! I've read it 3 or 4 times now and always get some new/different food for thought each time.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    kaspera79:
    camgfs:

A RP Vintage 1990,
    a Sol Cubano Artisan,
    and a Cuban R&J

OK, ya got me there. I was picking from the wrong humidor...shoulda had a look in yours, lol

I absolutely agree. My selection of Cubans is hurting. The Partagas Seried D is an excellent choice for last cigar on earth.

So, when's the party!! :)

• Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    This is a good one, I assume we have to grab someting out of our humi...no time to go shopping or place an order..It would have to be an Opus x Double Corona with a double Jack Daniels Single Barrel...(now remember the question is/was what would we grab to smoke....)
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Do you think their trying to tell us something having all these movies out at the same time??? spookie.....
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭

Hawk55:
    Do you think their trying to tell us something having all these movies out at the same time??? spookie.....

I guess you better make sure you have that Opus X with you at all times.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    camgfs:
    kaspera79:
    camgfs:

A RP Vintage 1990,
    a Sol Cubano Artisan,
    and a Cuban R&J

OK, ya got me there. I was picking from the wrong humidor...shoulda had a look in yours, lol

I absolutely agree. My selection of Cubans is hurting. The Partagas Seried D is an excellent choice for last cigar on earth.

So, when's the party!! :)

Well, if you listen believe Nostradamus and the Mayan mesoamerican long count calendar, it better be before December 21, 2012. So, save the date ! Let's make it the 19th-20th. It may be difficult to get Airline tickets so you better book now.
  • i will light all my favorite cigars and i will invite my friends to come and have a drink and smoke with me.