Home Cigar 101

how offten do i ad water to my pillow and the thing in my box i m new at all of this and i like it

MRHanyshMRHanysh Posts: 16
how offten do i ad water to my pillow and the thing in my box i m new at all of this and i like it

Best Answers

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015 Answer ✓
    First off get a $20 digital humidification gauge. The gauge will tell just what humidity you got going in your humidor. 70% is good but I like 65%. Add distilled water to your pillow if The gauge is below 65%. Boveda makes pillows that can be bought on c.com that are a much better method of humidification control. Welcome and keep reading you will learn a lot.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    MRHanysh said:

i'm just starting out  I only got 10  this month I got to get all the stuff for my box and i'm trying to pick out a couple more cigars for this coming month

Good stuff! What of the ten did you like? Any if the lighter blonde wrappers? Those are called Connecticut; the darker ones (several diff types) are another kind of tobacco and can have stronger or more flavorful wrappers.

Have you tried an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story? Stellar smoke.

CAO Brazillia Gol! Is another good one. 

My last recommendation is a NUb Cameroon. Tasty!

Hope this helps start you on your next ten!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Answers

• MRHanyshMRHanysh Posts: 16
    First off get a $20 digital humidification gauge. The gauge will tell just what humidity you got going in your humidor. 70% is good but I like 65%. Add distilled water to your pillow if The gauge is below 65%. Boveda makes pillows that can be bought on c.com that are a much better method of humidification control. Welcome and keep reading you will learn a lot.

thanks keep in touch
    kemper74 said:
    A pillow is just that, when it's fully charged it looks like a pillow.  Are you using a traditional humidor?  What are your readings?  How many cigars are you "storing"?

i'm just starting out  I only got 10  this month I got to get all the stuff for my box and i'm trying to pick out a couple more cigars for this coming month

If you only have ten cigars the pillow is probably more than enough. I would pull out the other humidifier until you get a hydrometer. If the RH gets to high the worst case senerio is the risk of mold, and best case are cigars that don't smoke. What count humidor do you have? It will be really hard to keep a steady RH if you have a 150 count humidor and only ten cigars in it. 

50 to 75 count I m ordering more to day and get some more thing ill need

jarubla said:
    MRHanysh said:

Good stuff! What of the ten did you like? Any if the lighter blonde wrappers? Those are called Connecticut; the darker ones (several diff types) are another kind of tobacco and can have stronger or more flavorful wrappers.

Have you tried an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story? Stellar smoke.

CAO Brazillia Gol! Is another good one. 

My last recommendation is a NUb Cameroon. Tasty!

Hope this helps start you on your next ten!

-Jay

hey sorry it take so long to get back but yeah I like thye nub and i'm going to try the others as well  and  this month i'm getting Boveda 1step 75%calabration kit,Crystal jar,and Humi-care seasoning wips for my box and ciras I'm getting cohiba black,montecristo media noche,desel uncut and ramon bueso genesis what u think about that