Home General Discussion

Post Office Tracking # Not Showing Up 4 Days After Shipping

kemper74kemper74 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
This the first time this has ever happened, thank God I always save the receipt.  I shipped a package from my home in DeRidder, Louisiana to Yuba City, California on 7/25 (this past Saturday).  As of tonight,  Monday the 27th, it still not showing anything.  Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if I just need to relax.  

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Yeah, I've had it happen a few times, It doesn't necessarily mean it's not moving or lost, I think sometimes they just don't get scanned and updated. 
  • kemper74kemper74 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    That makes me feel a lot better onestrangeone!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens all the time with the boxes I ship.  USPS tracking can suck.  Sometimes my customers have the box in hand before their tracking system shows it delivered, with zero updates while in transit.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Wow, I had no ideal.  
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one delivered from Texas this morning and it had no tracking until it showed up on my doorstep.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    It happens all the time with the boxes I ship.  USPS tracking can suck.  Sometimes my customers have the box in hand before their tracking system shows it delivered, with zero updates while in transit.
    This.  If you ship enough stuff happens, I was in sales my entire adult life so I make phone calls to figure stuff out.  I had a missing box once after I called and spoke to a manager my box was found within the day.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • dominickdominick Posts: 9 ✭✭
    USPS is not very accurate. I've had tracking arrival notices that were false, and someone at the post office actually said this is common. In bad weather, it also appears that drivers will scan indicating a delivery, but actually deliver hours later. Cigar.com sent me an order by USPS once - which was shown delivered, but never arrived - they replaced it.

UPS and FEDEX have always been reliable for me, as I usually have packages sent to one of their locations for pick up later in the day.
    UPDATE:  The tracking # has FINALLY gone through!  Thanks to all for the support, I've never had that happen before and it was really freak'n me out.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I had one delivered from Texas this morning and it had no tracking until it showed up on my doorstep.
    Yep, I've had that happen several times....
    UPDATE #2:  Package being delivered today!  USPS needs to get on the ball.  But, have to remember, it's a Government agency.  Shouldn't expect too much out of them.
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    The Postal service not only delivers their own stuff, they also deliver 40% of what UPS takes in and 60% of what FedEx takes in. Tired of people bashing the Post office.

Our military is run by the Government too. I suppose they are worthless too?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All in all, USPS does a fine job.  Of the 1000+ boxes I shipped last year, I think only one was damaged or lost.  In the grand scheme of things, the fact that I can send a letter cross country or pack of cigars for 50cents or $5 in a couple days is a remarkable thing.

My only gripe is how upside down they are with pension funding and other expenses; it means I don't get a regular carrier, but rather one of their temps, and it messes with my business.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    The pension funding was fine until Bush robbed them of 60 billion dollars they overpaid into the civil service retirement fund. Then turned around and said you now have to prefund 70 years of future retirees within a 10 year period.
    That strain is something no company could deal with.

Anyway back to the scanning.
    Most scans are missed because the bar code is placed over the seam in the box. The Barcode becomes wedged in the seam/ wears and becomes unscanable.
    You probably see it more with the postal service because they deliver the same volume UPS does in a year in 3 days.
    Chuck_N said:
    The Postal service not only delivers their own stuff, they also deliver 40% of what UPS takes in and 60% of what FedEx takes in. Tired of people bashing the Post office.

Our military is run by the Government too. I suppose they are worthless too?
    I guess the sarcasm was missed in my, "Update #2" posting.  I'm glad that you're tired of people bashing the Post Office.  And, by the way, I am prior Military.  Army, Infantry, 25th Infantry Division.  That's why I can say what I said, even though I did mess up by not doing a smiley face or saying, "lol".  I've been dealing with Government agencies now for 21 years.....have you never heard, "It's a Government Operation" when someone complains about something taking too long?  

That's all that I'm going to say about it.  I'm not going to get dragged into a petty back-and-forth online.  It's a total waist of time.  I can't hear the tone of you sentences, just like you can't hear mine.  The reason that I have responded in such a way is solely based on your last line of text.   
  • RSIIIRSIII Posts: 8
    Even though the issue is settled, I had a package back in early July sit at one of the PO stops for four days before resuming. Recently though the PO has been on time or a day earlier than expected. It's back and forth, tracking is just a great luxury, but every luxury has it's problems. Just my $0.02,the cards fall that way a lot!