Home Non Cigar Related

While trying to kill a wasp I get a text vibrating in my pants.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Haha Well, the title says it all. Made me flinch. And, I'm pretty sure my heart rate went up a bit. 

Comments

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nature is trying to kill you...
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Or feel you up

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you get the wasp, while he was weak from laughing at you, lol.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be thankful your bowels weren't a little loose at the time.... :D
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had already swat him down with my baseball cap. Classic ninja/farmboy technique of dispatching a wasp. But he was still moving and I bent over to look at him. Had my hands on the top of my thighs and left hand on the cell phone. For a split second I thought I had a second wasp trapped under my hand.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I try to keep a 'live and let live' attitude for the most part, This morning however I got nailed 3 times, twice on the ear and once one back of my elbow, this was totally unprovoked. I was simply walking across the yard maybe 50' from the nest, managed to kill that one then broke out the spray on the nest, killed 7 more during the day. I still hurt! 
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a wasp in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

had to say it.  carry on.....
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    You're braver than me Bob, I usually run away, must have given you a start though, lol.  

The ear onestrangeone, that must have smarted, ouch!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wandering a little from the subject, do they let 8th grade boys carry vibrating phones in their pockets at school?  If so, how do they get any schoolwork out of them?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    wandering a little from the subject, do they let 8th grade boys carry vibrating phones in their pockets at school?  If so, how do they get any schoolwork out of them?
    Well, I suppose if these boys have a vibrating phone in their pockets it'll let them keep both hands on their desks when they're ogling the 8th grade girls. 
    raisindot said:
    Well, I suppose if these boys have a vibrating phone in their pockets it'll let them keep both hands on their desks when they're ogling the 8th grade girls. 
    Thread jackers!
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    raisindot said:
    Thread jackers!
    Most 8th grade boys are, Bob.  :D
    raisindot said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    raisindot said:
    Thread jackers!
    Most 8th grade boys are, Bob.  :D
    Yes! I'm glad somebody got it! :smiley: 
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way back when I was winding out my 500 cc Kaw in forth gear at about 85mph. A wasp hit me in the face and got lodged between my forehead and helmet. Got stung three times before i could brake and downshift enough to get it out.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way back when I was winding out my 500 cc Kaw in forth gear at about 85mph. A wasp hit me in the face and got lodged between my forehead and helmet. Got stung three times before i could brake and downshift enough to get it out.
    That's hilarious!  I had a 500 Suzuki, back in the early '70s, same thing happened to me!  I hated those Kawasaki's, they were faster than me. :)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Gonna share an anecdote my dad used to tell

Back in the early 70's, my dad had one of those Harley sprints and was riding in to work whilst yawning. A june bug to the back of the throat about 'killed' him. He stopped riding that year, lol

(I have my M endorsement, BTW)

-Jay
    Post edited by jarubla on
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch