Home Non Cigar Related

Chigger remedies?

onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have any home remedies that have worked for you? I have been using teatree oil lately and it seems to help some 7 or 8 hrs maybe, I hoping for something that will actually kill em, or something that I could spray on my pant cuffs to keep em off.  

Comments

• wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Nail polish on the spot. Suffocates em. 
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've tried nail polish in the past, also vinegar and salt, I couldn't tell that any of these made any difference.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait one week. Works every time... otherwise

nail polish and wait one week
    anti-itch cream and wait one week
    vigorous scratching and wait one week
    Dunkin Donuts double chocolate and wait one week
    antiseptic and wait one week
    ointy ointy ment and wait one week

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix alcohol and sand together and rub on. The chiggers then get drunk and stone one another to death....   >:)
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    rub food grade Diatomacious earth on the effected area. will kill them but won't do much for itch. Also works for bed bugs and just about all insects. can even feed it to your dog to deworm them.
    webmost said:
    Wait one week. Works every time... otherwise

nail polish and wait one week
    anti-itch cream and wait one week
    vigorous scratching and wait one week
    Dunkin Donuts double chocolate and wait one week
    antiseptic and wait one week
    ointy ointy ment and wait one week

Sigh,,, Pretty much resigned to accepting this,,,, nope not ready yet.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking dog rockets. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear by Avon Skin So Soft as a preventative.  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    I swear by Avon Skin So Soft as a preventative.  
    Or, if you've got a horse (preferably an old mare) you could try the cure for chapped lips I spelled out in the story of two cowboys in the joke thread.....  :p
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Mix alcohol and sand together and rub on. The chiggers then get drunk and stone one another to death....   >:) 

This combined with the also mentioned Double Chocolate Doughnut would be my favored approach.  And, bacon.. That is also a cure all.

Ummm, chocolate bacon!
  • PowerplaySSPowerplaySS Posts: 5
    At the Drug Store buy a bottle of TECNU, follow directions and cleanse the skin, next apply CalaGel, follow directions on bottle. (I use the OAK-N-IVY brand).
    This is the best thing ever for Poison OAK, Ivy and Sumac. Skin allergies, Rashes,
    Burns and Insect Bites

I found that eating lotts of pickles durring hunting season seamed to prevent a lot of tick and chigger problems, but I love home made pickles.