Home Non Cigar Related

IT Related question

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Would any of you computer-types know how I can do away with the new Outlook email app and go back to the one I had before they changed it on me?

I made no changes but when I tried logging in to it this morning it's all been changed. Some emails I could open, others I can't. The 'look' of the whole thing isn't the same as what was there last night. I've tried googling it without success. I'd prefer to keep it the way it was and I hate the notion of just doing away with it altogether because of all the contacts who have that email address and who won't be able to reach me if I just eliminate it

Any suggestions.... Anybody??  

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem to change everything right as I get used to it. Can you just use it on a web page and not use the app? Or are you just referring to using it on your phone? I dislike the iPhone app but still use it.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for responding, Charlie. I do about 98% of my 'putering on my iPhone. Until last night, the icon for the app was a brownish envelope. This morning it's a blue design and the pages and all of it's content looks entirely different. 

I haven't a clue as to how to go about salvaging the mess this leaves me in. For example, the CCom forum and most of the places I do any kind of business with all have my hotmail address to correspond with me. This new setup isn't reliable in that I can open some emails but not others. I'm wondering what's going to happen when some outfit I'm dealing with tries to contact me and I either don't know it or I can't respond to them. 

I use a yahoo address for my personal emails and a select few business emails but I couldn't begin to contact everyone who has my hotmail address to tell them about the change...
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be a second best, but you can always forward your Hotmail emails to another account, like the yahoo so they all show up in one place.  

Are there any 3rd party apps that operate like outlook?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Are there any 3rd party apps that operate like outlook?
    I'm not sure I know what a 3rd party app is or how to find out..
    Okay!!  Your clue regarding 3rd party apps triggered a whole new line of researching, Mr. @Gray4lines, and led me to an acceptable solution. 

I went to 'settings' on my iPhone, created another mail account for hotmail, verified that it works, and then deleted Microsoft's POS app. I don't really like my hotmail coming in like that but it's better than the alternative - by far. 

Before doing all that, I researched a bunch of email apps online and learned that PC Advisor.com rated Gmail as the best of the top 5 email accounts. It may be good but it doesn't really blow my skirt up so I settled for the new hotmail account I set up. 

Thanks very much much for your help, guys. As always, the BOTLs have helped me out of a tight spot and I appreciate it.....  B)
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, it sucks when that stuff works great and then just decides to crap out.

I do like gmail.  Never been an Outlook fan, but have used it for work.  It seemed to have problems often.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    What ànnoys me to no end is that Microsuck just does whatever the hell it wants without even the courtesy of a little advance warning....  >:)
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galloping versionitis wreaks more havoc than virii.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost said:
    Galloping versionitis wreaks more havoc than virii.
    Gadzooks, sir, your profundity at 3:44am is astounding....  :#