Home Ratings & Reviews

American Label

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ratings & Reviews
had one last night, and was surprised how tasty it was. Had a couple beers beforehand, and enjoyed excellent company, but was pleased at how delicious the stick was. 

Anyone able to reveal the wizard behind the curtain? Who does Ccom's blends? Perhaps AJ Fernandez?

Regardless, looking fwd to the next time I get to light up this fantastic economy stick. 

A final question--should I expect the same very good performance from the five other Ccom blends?

-Jay
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am trying to decide if I pull the trigger on the 24 count Ccom assortment. Talk about ~$2 sticks!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't hurt, low $ investment.  Most are pretty good.  I was disappointed in the American Label, but, to be fair I didn't give it enough rest time, and I've only had one.  The CCOM stick I liked best, the Brazilian, is no longer.  The Blue, Red, Sungrown, and Purple labels are all quite tasty.  I've had bad luck with the Cuban, lots of construction issues in the ones I smoked.  The Corojo was good, is it still around?  I haven't had any of the above in the last couple years.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos, I think the corojo got replaced with a sun grown:

http://www.cigar.com/brands/1099/cigar-com-house-blends/?type=Samplers

Good to know on the resting thing. How long should I let them sleep? 6 months?

-Jay
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they'd need that much.  I probably smoked that one about 3 weeks or so after I got it, a few more weeks might have helped.  I think that cigars that come this time of year need a little longer than those shipped in cooler weather, and I seem to remember getting that one in July or so.  Curiosity got the best of me.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Stumbled onto this. Good to know they are made by AJ:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._Fernandez_Cigars
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Iv only had one American, and did not care for it. The others are pretty good. 
    One God, One Truth
    I had one the other night with thirty eight months age on it. Very tasty

-Jay
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    After buying the house blends sampler, I liked the American and Cuban labels the most. I bought a box of each and staged a month-long "playoff." For my palate, the Cuban won out, but both are nice smokes for the money.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the cigar blender database as found on RobustoJoe's website, various of the CCom house blends were blended by the following:

Tabadom Factory – DR

Cigar.com Cuban Label
    Cigar.com Cameroon Label
    Cigar.com Purple Label
    Cigar.com Red Label

AJ Fernandez Tabacalera Fernandez– NIC

Cigar.com Brazilian Label

Jose “Pepin” Garcia – El Rey de los Habanos NIC and MIAMI

Cigar.com Corojo Label

i kinda doubt that this listing is complete and/or current but at least it shows a good share of the CCom labels....  B)

• transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, jmarta.  Since the Brazilian and Corojo blends were discontinued (as was the Cameroon), I'm guessing that the Tabadom factory now has the biz.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Brazilian was quite good. And, IMHO, anything by DPG has to be good as well. 

I also liked the Cameroon and the Red label....  B)