Home Non Cigar Related

Peace in Our Time

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I read that Schumer is voting against the deal, not that it really matters.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read that Schumer is voting against the deal, not that it really matters.
    Chuck?  or Amy?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a more serious note, I usually don't care for Chuck Schumer's politics, but maybe he finally got one right.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    He is a paper tiger, I believe he was waiting for the go ahead to vote no, not wrestling with the issue.  He just did a thing with Amy, I think around gun control/registration or something like that.  Family trait, they both like the camera too, lol.