Home Ratings & Reviews

RP Fusion

I know this one gets a lot of hate but I really enjoyed it.  I had an AVO Clasic earlier and thought it was a little to lite.  I decided I would have something a little fuller to satisfy.  Just finished up a RP Fusion and paired it with a small glass of Bruichladdich.  I am extremely new to smoking and have only smoked a few kinds of cigars.  I have been through 2 RP samplers and find that I enjoy more medium stick.  What else should I be smoking if I enjoyed the Fusion?

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a lot of botl's here enjoy infused cigars. I smoke an Acid once in a blue moon. I prefer the kuba kuba. CAO has infused also. Not very many RP fans either. Never liked the draw on RP's.... Way to loose
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Ssirota8Ssirota8 Posts: 11
    The fusion isn't an infused cigar.  I read it's supposed to be a blend between two older successful RPs. I'm not a fan of infused cigars. 
    Oops, sorry. I recommend visiting a local B&M and speaking with one of the tobacconist. They are usually very helpful in matching you're likes
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

If you want recommendations on good cigars start with Warped, Caldwell, La Palina, My Father, Padron, Davidoff, Tatuaje, San Cristobal, la aroma de Cuba, Viaje..... The list goes on and on. Those are some of my favs though.
    -- Winston Churchill

Usaf06 said:
    Oops, sorry. I recommend visiting a local B&M and speaking with one of the tobacconist. They are usually very helpful in matching you're likes
    No problem. Appreciate the responses!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Ssirota8 said:
    The fusion isn't an infused cigar.  I read it's supposed to be a blend between two older successful RPs. I'm not a fan of infused cigars. 
    In the beginning, RP had the Vintage 1990. It was very good. Later, he did the Vintage 1992 which had the same filler and binder as the 1990 but a different wrapper. It, too, was very good. So he decided, what the hell, and he put both wrappers on the original filler and binder and called it Fusion. It, too, was quite good

then he musta had a brain fart because he started fvcking around with his blends, changing this, re-blending that, and now he's got folks like me, who used to love those three blends, and I don't even buy any RP's anymore. I don't know what made him think he was a blender but he screwed it up good, IMHO.  B)

BTW, the new Fusion isn't anywhere near as good as the original Fusion.....
    jlmarta said:

So I've heard...sure would love to get my hands on an older fusion or one of the original vintage blends.  
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ssirota8 said:
    jlmarta said:

So I've heard...sure would love to get my hands on an older fusion or one of the original vintage blends.  
    Me, too. They were really quite good. Another screw-up I recall that RP did - there used to be a blend under the Indian Tabac label that RP owns. The blend was called Fire and I thought it was delicious. Then, for some reason, he discontinued Fire altogether. I still have one that I ought to smoke but it's the last of its kind. That's not a very good reason for not smoking it but .......  :p
  • Dmuch1112Dmuch1112 Posts: 4
    Honestly this was one of my favorites. I bought a sample pack and this cigar was included. I got through about 6 and so far it is my favorite of them all. I talked with a friend of mine who said he didn't like it very much and was confused on why I liked it. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread to see the recommendations on what next. 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dmuch1112 said:
    Honestly this was one of my favorites. I bought a sample pack and this cigar was included. I got through about 6 and so far it is my favorite of them all. I talked with a friend of mine who said he didn't like it very much and was confused on why I liked it. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread to see the recommendations on what next. 

Cigar snobs are the worst! Haha. 

So what? If you like 'em, you should smoke 'em. If you want more, buy more. But you'll probably want to take the Fusion bands off if you're going to be around cigar snobs. Well, that might not work. They'll probably bother you anyway because there's no band on your cigar. They really need to know what you're smoking so they can run their mouth about how much cigar knowledge they have.

I have a friend back in the old neighborhood that smokes what everybody here would consider to be crappy cigars. Not swisher sweets but crappy "premiums". Last time we got together it was the same as always. He turns down my offer when I try to hand him what I consider to be a better blend. He pulls one of his same old cigars out of his pocket and says "I like these". And you know what? I respect his choice and I usually tell him "Yeah, I like those too." Even if I'm lying. 

Bob_Luken said:
    Dmuch1112 said:

Cigar snobs are the worst! Haha. 

So what? If you like 'em, you should smoke 'em. If you want more, buy more. But you'll probably want to take the Fusion bands off if you're going to be around cigar snobs. Well, that might not work. They'll probably bother you anyway because there's no band on your cigar. They really need to know what you're smoking so they can run their mouth about how much cigar knowledge they have.

I have a friend back in the old neighborhood that smokes what everybody here would consider to be crappy cigars. Not swisher sweets but crappy "premiums". Last time we got together it was the same as always. He turns down my offer when I try to hand him what I consider to be a better blend. He pulls one of his same old cigars out of his pocket and says "I like these". And you know what? I respect his choice and I usually tell him "Yeah, I like those too." Even if I'm lying. 

Those dang Ghurkas
    -- Winston Churchill

• brodskalesbrodskales Posts: 78
    Wait, y'all don't love Gurkha?