Home Cigar 101
Options

Proper humidor storage

I've seen people stick lighters and cutters in there humidor, as well as digital hydrometers sitting on top of cigars. It just doesn't sit right with me. I might be overthinking it, but doesn't that seem a bit weird?

Comments

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I only have cigars, Boveda 's in my humi's.  Some humi's come with accessory drawers for stuff.  Maybe it's just how you're wired, liking everything organized or something, I dunno.  I leave my cutters and such out by my ashtray, that's their home and where I put them back if I move them, but that's me.  I do try not to set things on top of the cigars though, even Boveda packs.  
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I have my digital hygrometer on top of my cigars. Place it on cellophaned cigars only. The thing is so light that I can't see it making much of a difference unless it's mishandled wildly.  
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering about the hygrometer on the cigars myself... when its on the bottom of the humi above my cigars (the bottom of my humi is slanted) it seems to take up more space that could be used for cigars. As for accessories... i need a more permanent place for them. right now they live wherever i leave them lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    brodskalesbrodskales Posts: 78
    I've always heard you're supposed to keep the non cigar items in your humidor away from the cigars. Many (if not most) humidors should come with a divider, and you can use said divider for separation.