Home Ratings & Reviews

Week six group review 7/20/15 -- San Cristobal Elegancia

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
Really looking forward to this one.
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll get to this one this weekend
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Still playing catch up

Just finished an elegencia robusto. I like robustos :)

this is one has notes of flowers, tea, grapefruit peel, and cedar.

beautiful ash, beautiful draw, a tasty smoke. 

I am also a fan of the nub/final third of most cigars. Spicy!

Another good one

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    One of my favs.  They also did this one right.  Haven't tried the Churchill or the Pyramid, but the others are good.  Corona, Robusto, Toro in that order, favorite to least.  I might have the Corona on my list of Top 5 Connies.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the corona right now. Good stick. Connie isn't my first choice, but this is a solid one.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished a robusto.  Just a wonderful, medium-bodied smoke.

Creamy sweet cedar for the most part, with a wonderful vanilla wafer in the aftertaste.  Halfway through it offered what I'd call a sweet cherry note.

The odd thing this cigar did, which I've never experienced was a sizzling crackle on most draws until the final third.  Very odd.  I've had them for a couple months, stored around 70* and 66%, so it wasn't moist.  It was fun in a way, but very odd/unique.

I'm going to keep my eye out for some coronas, per Charlie and Martel.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still playing catch-up on these reviews. 
    Finally got around to this one. 
    The draw was too loose but not a problem overall except that, at first I scorched it on the initial light but the flavor got better and better all the way down to the nub. It was actually better on the nub end than any other cigar I can recall lately. 
    I had some slight trouble with the band as well. Too much glue, and that caused a tear but no performance problems. Great flavor profile. I have smoked one or two of these previously and they are definitely worthy of revisiting again and again.