Home Non Cigar Related

What would you want to see in a heritage based display?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Since I am hosting the Graham Clan tent next year at the Portland Highland Games, I need ideas as to what people would want to see of their heritage if they were visiting a tent about their family history. I have banners, maps, books, tartan, flags and some other things planned out already.

What should I add to my displays? ANY INPUT IS WELCOME! :-)
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• GuitarCentaurGuitarCentaur Posts: 21
    What trades were your clan known for? Any working man loves to see the tools of his family's trade! I miss the Highland games, grew up in Beaverton, one of the few family events that couldn't be missed.
  • PowerplaySSPowerplaySS Posts: 5
    I like the family crest, my wife and I had ours printed a few years back, they were side by side with a nice mat and frame, I wouldnt take anything for it. We keep it on display in our family room. The both stayed very busy all weekend.
  • PowerplaySSPowerplaySS Posts: 5
    You know that God created Whiskey to prevent the Irish from taking over the world. We exsperienced a Whiskey tasting both that had all of the Scottish and Irish Whiskeys. Belive me you can spend some time at that one.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    There is a MASSIVE whiskey tasting that the Highland Games has every year. I like that idea but I don't know if the association will allow a clan tent to give out booze lol!!!
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    What trades were your clan known for? Any working man loves to see the tools of his family's trade! I miss the Highland games, grew up in Beaverton, one of the few family events that couldn't be missed.

I do like this idea. I will have to do more day to day life research on our heritage as opposed to what major events we were involved in.