Home Pipes

Liking this!

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got a cheapy setup w/ an aromatic store blend today. Tasty!

First time w/ a pipe and really enjoying it.

Feeling a bit like Popeye, lol.

My wife gave it a try and she admitted after we smoked a couple bowls of the store blend that she absolutely sees the appeal.

Woot!

-Jay
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is enjoyable. I am an aromatic guy. You must try McClelland Holiday Spirit. It is amazing. Today I will be hitting some Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening. Love the seasonal aromatics. 
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Holiday spirit is one of my favorites. P&C'sTrout stream too.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Anything Holiday or Seasonal focused I seem to enjoy. Heard good things about that Trout Stream. I may need to hunt some down. 

Any of you guys at your local and see a Christmas aromatic like Petersons, Rattray, or Kohlhasse & Kopp grab it for me and I will send you some cash. A couple others make the larger Christmas tins. I can find plenty of Holiday Spirit but the others can be hard and sell out.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     I really like the Petersons and Rattray, I haven't tried the Holiday Spirit or the Christmas Cheer yet. I haven't picked up any of this years yet.  
    Petersons Christmas is amazing. When smoking it you can tell it is fine quality tobacco and a treat. Hard to explain but if you get some you will understand. It isn't like cheap bulk aromatic. I just found a tin of last years Petersons Christmas and also Rattray Winter which I have never tried. 

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Christmas Peterson always sound really good, but I haven't tried one.  I always buy 2 tins of the Christmas cheers.  I have a few years now.  Always very good natural virginia.

Not seasonal, but Rattrays bagpipers dream is pretty good. Cognac! 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Now you've got me eyeing my holiday stash, the only thing I have opened right now is the Petersons. This is your fault Jake! 
     Now you've got me eyeing my holiday stash, the only thing I have opened right now is the Petersons. This is your fault Jake! 
    I picked up Kohlhase & Kopp 2014 Winter and Rattray's 2014 Winter yesterday. The 2015's are out already too. Haven't tried anything from either brand. Excited to try these and snagging the 2015 of each one plus the McClelland Holiday Spirit next.

I also got a line on the Peterson's 2014 tin so hopefully be ordering that this week too. And I snagged 10 S&B Mystery sticks too. Going to be an awesome mail week!

I have Mixture Monster and Autumn Evening plus another Autumn open. I have a 2010 tin of Holiday Spirit open too. Probably smoke those up before I crack open anything new.
  • brodskalesbrodskales Posts: 78
    Pipes are good and fun. 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I am ready to take next steps (baby steps, lol) with regards to a pipe purchase.

Right now I have a maple wood short stem with a bowl just slightly larger in diameter than my pipe nail. 

Thanks to to the thread here talking about packing, I am getting good burns with little to no relights. 

I'd like a bent stem for my next; any suggestions? I am looking for 35 bucks max (trying to keep the missus happy, I spent way way too much on cigars this month already). 

Thanks!!
    Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    id say look into the Barracinni line. for the price the quality isnt bad. buy them  at P&C.

wouldnt hurt to buy a few 10 dollar cobs in different shapes and stems to see what you like before commiting to a nice more expensive pipe.
    Also Ebay has some good finds. I bought a couple unsmoked German pipes from the 70's that are my favorite pipes.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you AJ and Jake!

-Jay
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    +1 for Jake, I have bought some awesome estate stuff lately!