Home General Discussion

So, what do you do when..

skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
You run outta moolah in your smoke budget?  LOL  It seems like now I'm finding all these good deals and no green papers to make them happen.  Guess this is ok, as I am at capacity anyhow, but I miss clicking Buy Now.

Being working class sucks...  LOL  
How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          

Comments

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I already tried that.  Then my statement rolled in.....  Yikes!!   :#
    All I saw is...blah blah blah somebody bomb me a cooler blah blah blah.
    LOL  Hell NO!!!!!!  But is anyone is so inclined, I now reside in Kimberly, WI.  PM me for my addy..... :p
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all like to buy...  but it's an enigma how the brain works, isn't it?  I have at least a few year's worth, but my brain is convinced it needs more.  Why can't I be happy smoking what I have?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    We all like to buy...  but it's an enigma how the brain works, isn't it?  I have at least a few year's worth, but my brain is convinced it needs more.  Why can't I be happy smoking what I have?
    Same problem here. I keep telling myself I'm gonna upgrade my inventory to include only my favorites. But then, what do I do with all the ones I have that aren't faves?  

Im gonna donate a bunch to Cigars for Warriors if I ever get off my butt and sort out my Humidors. That's the only way I'll ever get rid of those that I bought to try out but didn't care for. I can't even offer them up for trade because they're mostly not the sticks in favor with most of the BOTLs on the forum....
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we start a 'One Mans Trash' pass. Thoughts?

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    You run outta moolah in your smoke budget?  LOL  It seems like now I'm finding all these good deals and no green papers to make them happen.  Guess this is ok, as I am at capacity anyhow, but I miss clicking Buy Now.

Being working class sucks...  LOL  
    I actually have to quit buying for a while. My humidors and coolers are full. I'll have room for a few fivers of new products coming out, but that's it. And I don't need another cooler.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a system of buying that for me is working.  However I do miss out on deals, and some LE stuff that I would like, cant win em all.  Also I ask before every purchase, this keeps me out of the dog house, I have only been told no and bought any way once, not sure if id ever do that again.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:

-Jay
    That's not a bad idea, Jay. The only problem I see is that the way the BOTLs count, I'd end up with more stogies than I started with. Oh, well, I could still donate the excess to CFW.....  B)
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I buy when i buy and never worry about the rest.

its cigars... not a fine collection of cars or pez dispensers... in the end... up in smoke is all it is.

as for a one mans trash pass....

we did this last year, and im still smoking from that jar.
    jlmarta said:
    That's not a bad idea, Jay. The only problem I see is that the way the BOTLs count, I'd end up with more stogies than I started with. Oh, well, I could still donate the excess to CFW.....  B)
    I vote we do a pick five/donate ten (or some such) and all the leftovers go to CFW. Trying to remember, do we have an active thread for that?

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    It's never money I run out of for cigars. 
    It's room in the humidor. 
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

jlmarta said:
    jarubla said:

-Jay
    That was a good pass. I attached it to a cigars for warriors donation. I still have a few from that as well. 

If I remember correctly I got a review from it as well. 

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16 said:
    well then, start sending money bombs    ;)
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Usaf06 said:
    kuzi16 said:
    well then, start sending money bombs    ;)

Agreed!!!  LOL
    OK, can someone PM me with info on CFW? I'd really like to see about contributing to that. 

Thanks!
    Jay
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    OK, can someone PM me with info on CFW? I'd really like to see about contributing to that. 

Thanks!
    Jay
    Check their website.  They have local drop off locations if you can find one close.  I boxed them up and sent them directly to the headquarters in Florida.  They will send you a confirmation letter once they get them explaining how they distribute and thanking you.  

It is amazing how they accumulate when you are trying things and looking for deals.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I usually pop in and say something like 'The Shizz? Oh he aint nothing. I bet he smokes Swishers from his local 7-11. probably only has a Tupperware tub from the 70s for his humidor.' or 'Enola Gay? more like Enola LAME!' Give those a shot and see how things pan out. ;-)

PS I HAVE NO ROOM IN MY HUMIDOR!!! LEAVE ME ALONE! lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
    gots some balls today mang!
    Check their website.  They have local drop off locations if you can find one close.  I boxed them up and sent them directly to the headquarters in Florida.  They will send you a confirmation letter once they get them explaining how they distribute and thanking you.  

It is amazing how they accumulate when you are trying things and looking for deals.
    Thank you Sherm!
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Pimp the wife. Lol
    Lol. I'll see how well that goes over.  If you never hear from me again, you know I'm pushing up daisies in the desert somewhere. 
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually pop in and say something like 'The Shizz? Oh he aint nothing. I bet he smokes Swishers from his local 7-11. probably only has a Tupperware tub from the 70s for his humidor.' or 'Enola Gay? more like Enola LAME!' Give those a shot and see how things pan out. ;-)

PS I HAVE NO ROOM IN MY HUMIDOR!!! LEAVE ME ALONE! lol
    Don't be going all fresh galoshes on us now...
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Fresh Galoshes? you talking about New Boots??? lol Cause his mauling (there is no other way to describe it) was freakin awesome to watch! lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
    lmao! thats hilarious,
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just come on back to the Lou. The welcoming committee will gladly have you back. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

matkn293 said:
    Just come on back to the Lou. The welcoming committee will gladly have you back. 
    A few weeks and I'll be back. 
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    What! That never happens when you living the "Rocky Patel Lifestyle."  LOL Get Nished!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    jarubla said:

Thanks!
    Jay
    Or look up Storm Boen on FB. He will set you on your path.