Home Non Cigar Related

women in combat

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Non Cigar Related
throws like a girl:

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first group of women did not pass Ranger school.  They are letting three of them return and try again.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    The first group of women did not pass Ranger school.  They are letting three of them return and try again.
    Lower standards. Special treatment. Until results match dogma.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    YankeeMan said:
    I thought guys can retry ranger school?  If that is the case then how is it special treatment?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    throws like a girl:

OMG!  I had almost that exact experience.  I was a cadre on the hand grenade course at Fort Bragg a couple of weeks before I got out and we had a group of ROTC cadets come through.  One of the females dropped the grenade just past the bunker so I grabbed her and slammed her down to the ground covering her with my body. She was hurt and I got reamed by her CO. Then my brigade commander showed up and told the leg CO that if he ever talked to a paratroop like that he would make sure he spent the rest of his career running supply. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • brodskalesbrodskales Posts: 78
    I'm glad women are joining the military now. Less people to get in my way.

Humans, Who needs em am I right?
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    YankeeMan said:
    I thought guys can retry ranger school?  If that is the case then how is it special treatment?
    Well, they're not all Ronda Rousey.

In and of itself, it may not be special treatment, I hope it isn't, and I hope the ones re-trying aren't expecting it. 

They're probably not.

But Web has a point in that the bureaucracy is prone to doing exactly that thing, all the time.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    as long as a woman is strong enough to carry my ass out of a bad situation if it so arrives, i have no issue with it. but if they cant, what is the point?
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    as long as a woman is strong enough to carry my ass out of a bad situation if it so arrives, i have no issue with it. but if they cant, what is the point?
    Right! This is what makes sense. This is what makes sense for all jobs that are "traditionally" filled by psychically strong and fit men. Anything else is pure PCBS. Any "lesser" physical standards for women in military or first-responder positions will eventually result in a less than adequate response to danger. 

As for these women in Ranger school. I've read up on it a little and I don't see any special treatment. It is my understanding that men also can fail and repeat certain levels of Ranger training. As long as the standards are not lowered, let's see how they do.. 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Two years ago, Army General Martin Dempsey laid down an edict on the Obama administration’s plan to open direct land combat jobs to women: 

“If a particular standard is so high that a woman couldn’t make it, the burden is now on the service to come back and explain to the secretary, why is it that high? Does it really have to be that high?”

We are in the hands of egalitarian idealogues, who believe that warping results changes reality. We have seen how well this works in education, for instance. Two women have graduated to stage two now. Obama will photo-pop the ceremony.

If your legs get shot out from under you, do you want a 240 pound man to grab you by the collar and drag you out of there, or are you hoping a 140 pound woman will come along instead?

Even Ronda Rousey does not intend to fight Cain Velasquez.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239

Since we are on the subject, how about women in combat, how about Lyudmila Pavlichenko--309 confirmed kills by the time she was 25 during WWII.  Why not have women in the military, they will fight like the dickens and will not back down...at least historically this has been the case.

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since we are on the subject, how about women in combat, how about Lyudmila Pavlichenko--309 confirmed kills by the time she was 25 during WWII.  Why not have women in the military, they will fight like the dickens and will not back down...at least historically this has been the case.

I know it's a different type of fight, but those of us who are married know they never back down!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    i dont disagree that a woman cant do the job, hell - do you remember how twisted and sick those female guards were for the POWs we had? them chicks were f'n them dudes up bad.

plus... as a man who may get captured as a prisoner of war, torture is different.  can you inagine the things that enemys would do to women? we have morals... others do not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    That's the chance they take and that's something that they are aware of when they sign up. 
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    Until women have the same physical fitness standards as the men do, I think it's all a load of ****. Sure, you can get a woman who can shoot strait as an arrow, but the same can be said about men, except their standards aren't lowered to be accepted. I have a physical fitness score card that illustrates just how ridiculous it can be for a woman to pass a pt test in the army.. Gotta find it though
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont disagree that a woman cant do the job, hell - do you remember how twisted and sick those female guards were for the POWs we had? them chicks were f'n them dudes up bad.

plus... as a man who may get captured as a prisoner of war, torture is different.  can you inagine the things that enemys would do to women? we have morals... others do not.
    I think they'd do the same to you or me, they're an indiscriminate bunch...
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the females who graduated ranger school. Must I say... I wood!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter