Home General Discussion

Flying Pigs & Dirty Rats

edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
ive been dying to try these two cigars but haven't been able to get ahold of them.  Has anyone tried them?  Are they really worth all the hype???

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't personally think any of the DE are worth the hype. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    T52 is the only one i would spend the money on... but really, the hype is tooo much
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm easily impressed... got a dirty rat to sample from a guy that works at a tinder box. Had to chase it with a tat to get my stogie urges cured
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    If you can, find some older ones. Iv heard lots of bad things since they got bought out by Swisher. 
    One God, One Truth
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    IMO Dirty Rat is better than Flying Pig....
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I keep the dirty rat in stock because I enjoy the smoke.  Its a good smoke, and a good change of pace from my others.  Try them, every cigar is worth a shot
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a fan of many of DE line and did a untried box split of the rats.  I have to say that I was very happy with my decision, I very much enjoyed it.  As far as the price point is concerned, I find that cigars are costly so if as an individual you don't want spend much perhaps a different hobby would be a better fit.  I know that sounds rude and harsh but it is true.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll check my BnM the next time I buy a Slurpee.  
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Don't worry DZR I have many opus x in my humi too, in stock just for you!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you can grab them for MSRP, i'd say it's worth trying 1 of each. 
    probably wouldn't go out of my way to find them, but if you come across one give it a shot.

(and IMHO, they're not worth the price gouging, high $$$ amount you see on secondary markets)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv said:
    probably wouldn't go out of my way to find them, but if you come across one give it a shot.

(and IMHO, they're not worth the price gouging, high $$$ amount you see on secondary markets)

I agree with you not paying over msrp for them, however in my opinion no cigar is worth over msrp, this was also my base for my original post.
    MOW badge received.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

I agree with you not paying over msrp for them, however in my opinion no cigar is worth over msrp, this was also my base for my original post.
    Agree on not paying over MSRP. 

And I gotta ask do you plan on smoking all of them "fresh" or are you going to age some?  As far as liga cigars go, I personally liked the UF13 much better "fresh" than aged. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Well they already have some time on them but the band has not yellowed so not that much time.  I agree that Liga is better with less age, however one cannot help but hang on to a few cigars for many years.
    MOW badge received.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a big Liga fan. But I do love the Undercrown, Fire Cured, Rustica and the Java.