Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Contest!

BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ive been cleaning up my original humidor. These are sticks that have been captive for close to 3 years. 
Question: discuss an event that you did to help a stranger out...?
I guess the fires around me and packing up has a lot to do with this...
Ends Monday at 9:00 pst
thanks!

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will bow out of this one since my whole job is based on helping others out.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is mine so what
    I have won a few contest lately, time for someone else to get shizzed on
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time a botl wanted to bomb this guy, Shimbo.  He didn't have his address so I gave it to him. 
    Actually,  I've done that a few times already.

Stay safe out there, "Shimbo" .  
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Winner ^^^^^DZR^^^^^^ for the win!!!
    -- Winston Churchill

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you packing up because of the fires!? Or, is that two separate things? (Hopefully)
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope everything is ok with your home brother. 

I gave a homeless guy some money one time because he had a sign that read "Why Lie? I could really use a drink!" Laughed so hard I had to give him some dollars. 

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When that dang hurricane hit New Orleans 10 years ago I evacuated to Lafayette 2 hours away where my sister lives and stayed in her shack in the back yard for 2 months. Picked up some strays that were friends of friends. We all 3 worked, lived, played and stayed together for about 60 days till we could come home. Our event was surviving... don't know if that counts but that event gave all 3 of us a whole new perspective on life. To this day we still are friends and talk regularly now that life has resumed.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    Jim stay safe hope the fires die out and you don't have to deal with a disaster
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    Bob_Luken said:
    Are you packing up because of the fires!? Or, is that two separate things? (Hopefully)
    Fires!!
    I had to go through stuff that was essential (cigars) and I'm giving a kid I got to school with my old glass top humi.
    id still like some stories.... Nobody wants my ish? That is odd, usually BOTLs here are up for it....
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably 20 years ago or so, we were at Epcot in line to eat at Germany. Wife strikes up conversation with a nice little old lady. She says her and her husband used to eat there all the time, but this is her first time back since he passed. We got our table, ate, and when we left, we gave the server money for her dinner too. For all I know, she could have bought Epcot outright, but wife and I and kids felt good after anyway.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was sitting on the beach in the Redwood National Forest with my ex-wife, smoking a cigar and watching my kids play in the sand. I look out across the water and this dumb ass kid, about 20 is running around the rocks about 200 yards out in the water.

"He's gonna fall and bust head head," my ex says.

"Yep," I said.

"Darwinism at work," she mused.

"Yep," I repeated.

"I hope he's a good swimmer," she said.

"I'm gonna have to save his sorry ass, aren't I?" I asked.

"Yep," she said.

Distracted for a minute or two looking at some treasure one of the kids found, I suddenly look up to see rocks sans dumb ass and a middle-aged man running towards the water.

"****!" I said.

"****!" she said.

"****!" my kids repeated in unison.

I dropped my stogie, slipped on my tevas and headed out to the rocks. By the time walked the 200 meters dumb ass was trying to climb back up on the rocks, blood gushing from his head and legs. There was no way he was going to make it back on the rocks and no way he'd be able to walk along the rocks if I did manage to get him up so I did the only reasonable thing.  I took off my Nirvan t-shirt, carefully folded it, and handed it to his dad who had now arrived.

"I'll take care of you son," I said, "but DO NOT get the shirt wet."

By this time dumb ass had completely exhausted himself and the waves were smashing him up against the rocks. I jumped in, wrapped my arms around his torso and swam him to shore.

By the time we made it to shore quite a crowed had gathered and another young man helped me carry him back to his car where we stripped him, wrapped him in blankets and tried to stop the bleeding on his head. In short order he was good enough to travel so his father drove him to the ER.

The crowed had grown pretty big by now and soon two young coeds, one on each side of my said, "You saved his life!  You're  a hero!"

I unfolded by t-shirt, pulled it over my head and my slightly puffed chest and said, "Yes.  Yes I am."

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Bigshizza said:
    I had to go through stuff that was essential (cigars) and I'm giving a kid I got to school with my old glass top humi.
    id still like some stories.... Nobody wants my ish? That is odd, usually BOTLs here are up for it....
    Sorry, I don't have room for a Shizz whoopin' right now.

Stay safe Jim.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I rack my brain to think of something Shizz worthy, nothing really comes to mind. Not that I do not do for strangers, just that I cannot think of something off the top of my head and I have a crap ass memory. 

Jim I hope you stay safe my friend!!!  Plenty of room here in mo if you need a place to stay for a while. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

I chose this because I was not in my current profession when this happened. 
    In either 2000 or 2001 I was on my way into work (Airforce). I was sitting at a red light waiting to make a turn. I'm looking and see that the light has now changed but a car is trying to make the light regardless. The first vehicle to go through the green light was a septic truck. Needless to say the car did not make the intersection and t-boned the intersection. I immediately ran towards the smashed car as the driver of the truck got out on his own. Fortunately it was only occupied by a single driver. The male was unconscious and clearly laboring to breath. An off duty medic and my self climbed into the vehicle to assist this guy. Little did we know that the vehicle was sitting in a pool of diesel fuel as it struck the truck directly on its tank. Anyways, the medic had a bag with him and I assisted him inside the vehicle with what he needed. He was able to clear his airway before EMS arrived. The male continued to labor breathing and never regained consciousness in my presence. I later learned that the male passed away from his injuries. 
    Once I was relieved on scene I resumed my trek to work. Once I arrived my NCO asked my why I smell like fuel so bad and I told him what happend. He sent me home to change and shower and I was later presented with a commendation award and nominated for another award presented for heroism. I was shocked because I didn't believe that what I did warranted any recognition and I'm sure any of us would have done the same thing if presented the same situation. 
    -- Winston Churchill

I have a winner!! Watch yo mailbox!
  • OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we all have done things that were selfless, most would say that they were probably just the right thing to do. 

As as summmer is drawing to a close I am with my family looking out at the water and it reminded me of a few years ago. We were fishing at sunset off the coast of PR in about 250 feet of water 2 miles offshore. The wind had picked up and seas to 3 feet.  The only other boat out that evening was a small wooden panga being worked by local comerical fishermen. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something surface off in the distance. Thought it might be a sea turtle, but as we moved closer it was not a turtle. It was a human head. I was shocked and thought of how the kids might react to seeing this. 

The swell pushed him higher and we could see that he was alive!  We were 2 miles out with a current pushing 3kts straight offshore and there is a man bobbing in the water.  I told the kids to bring in the lines and we headed right for him. As we pulled along side all we could think to ask was "what are you doing out here, are you crazy?" 

He said "Maybe"

With the current he would get to Venezula quicker than he would have gotten back to Puerto Rico. 

We swung the boat around, dropped the swim ladder and told him to grab the boat hook we had extended to him. We eased him to the ladder and he collapsed unable to climb the three steps. My buddy and I pulled him on board. He was spent and by the looks of his skin had been in the water for hours. 

We got him wrapped in towels and a sweatshirt and headed back to shore. 

What were you doing out there?  we asked. 

"I was waiting for my friends," he said. 

I asked him his name and where he lived. The kid was an American, from FL and not a local. 

He went into shock as we got closer to the dock. The kids were shaken up and very quiet.  Some guys at the marina helped us get him off of the boat and had called for an ambulance. 

At dinner that night the kids said "Dad, we totally saved that guy's life!"

"Yes, we were in the right place at the right time" 

If there is divine intervention, this was it. I will never forget his name. 

9505 5101 8562 5240 0074 27

9505 5101 8562 5240 0074 34
    Bigshizza said:
    9505 5101 8562 5240 0074 27

9505 5101 8562 5240 0074 34
    Forcast is for the enhilation of mailboxes and nicotine intoxication..
    for further details stay tuned...

Eta on details about 5 days
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Lol
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
    DC 9505 5101 8562 5243 0076 53
    I'm a winner. That's right me. A winner. The rest of you can suck eggs. 

@Echambers  not so fast. 

@Bigshizza  Thank you for your thoughtful contest and kind gift. It will be appreciated over many hours.  You are a true gentleman. One question, the unlabeled cigar on left?
    Oneisnone said:
    @Echambers  not so fast. 

@Bigshizza  Thank you for your thoughtful contest and kind gift. It will be appreciated over many hours.  You are a true gentleman. One question, the unlabeled cigar on left?
    Viaje super shot from 2 yrs ago.. They are excellent
    Oh @Oneisnone, you have much to learn.  
    Echambers said:
    And when the student is ready the master will appear. 
    Oneisnone said:
    Echambers said:
    And when the student is ready the master will appear.
    He already has...?
    Exactly!