Home Ratings & Reviews

Tabac Especial - Dulce

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
Had one in my humi and Tried to smoke it last night.

Pitched it after the first third.

The exhale was what got to me; not enjoyable on my palete. The cloying sweetness was also very distracting. I don't generally take sweet coffee, so this stick really didn't fit what I like to smoke. 

Silly to be writing about it, I guess.

Thus far, every infused stick I have tried has been either just OK, or something I could not finish. 

Question: is the Media Noche infused? What other sticks are infused? I presume some of the jalapeño ones might be.

So far, I've really only enjoyed Black and Tans, or aromatic pipe tobacco for flavored stuff.

Jay
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Media noche is not infused. Viaje Jalapeño isn't either 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Nick, that makes me happy
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm convinced the Smoking Monks are. I like the Tabak Cafe Con Leche, not as sweet, good with iced coffee.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Thx for the tip, Edna!

I should have remembered that dulce means sweet, because man was that a sugar bomb!
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Cafe con Leche I believe is the only one in that line that does not have a sweetened tip. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    Café con Leche paired with a cup of strong coffee in the morning = delicious...
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    I picked up a few infused cigars in a trade. The Dolce Vitas ( torpedos) were so-so, but I found them hard to keep lit and not as flavorful as I had hoped. 
    Acid makes some pretty different infused cigars. The Liquid is pretty good, not as sweet as the Blondie.
    One of my favorite cigars is the Tabak, which is another coffee infused stick.