Home Non Cigar Related

New build for my grandma

SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
I may have gone a little overboard.. But hey, it will definitely do anything they will want it to do. Finishing up the software tonight, then on to my uncle's build later. Anyone else build computers?

Comments

• SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    In case you're wondering: Intel i5 skylake 3.5ghz over clocked to 4.36ghz, close loop liquid cooled processor sitting stable and comfortable at 32 degrees Celsius, 32gb ddr4 ram @ 2472mhz, 500gb Samsung 850evo ssd, gtx 960 ssg vid card @ 1350mhz
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    That is beautiful! I'm behind on building. Way outdated I am lol
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case you're wondering: Intel i5 skylake 3.5ghz over clocked to 4.36ghz, close loop liquid cooled processor sitting stable and comfortable at 32 degrees Celsius, 32gb ddr4 ram @ 2472mhz, 500gb Samsung 850evo ssd, gtx 960 ssg vid card @ 1350mhz
    Dude!
    That's a beast!!!
    Haven't built one in over a year. I usually have to do OS repairs or virus removal... you know the boring stuff.

"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went a little overboard there Beren. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I build every two years but don't build for the family any more. I don't have time for all the tech support. Great job on your build. 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL for g-ma?!??!  i'd agree, maybe just a "little" overboard......lmao

what's she doin on that thing, rendering 4k video or something?  haha

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

She has a website and she wanted windows 10. Her previous dinosaur was incompatible. The guy that built her last one was retarded and I've had to deal with it ever since. We both finally got fed up and the project began. This time, my way :)
    james40 said:
    I build every two years but don't build for the family any more. I don't have time for all the tech support. Great job on your build. 
    I hear ya.. I'm basically the family's tech support guy. But it's OK, I don't mind help in out my grandparents. My mother, on the other hand, has no excuse... Sigh
    And to answer "why?" well, not to sound morbid, but this may very well be their last computer, and I wanted it to be a good one.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe you created a monster!
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."