Home Non Cigar Related

a peak by any other name

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mountain of Debt, on the other hand, we shall name Mount Denial.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol!!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing about all this was I thought everyone already called it Denali. When Alaska stopped using McKinley, I thought that was it. And I don't find this to be a big deal, but the Matterhorn and denial comments are lulz worthy.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and he made it ten feet shorter, too.  Why would he do that?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain