Home Non Cigar Related

Ball Caps...

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
Love 'em.

I don't get to wear them as often as I'd like, but I enjoy them.

I also belong in the bent bill camp :)

I further believe they're just starting to get good when they are starting to fall apart.

Lest you think I am walking about with the world's stinkiest lid, I also machine wash them/let them air dry.

Anyone else a ball cap can?

-Jay
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer fitted lids, the new stretchy ones are ok.  The bill has to bent.  My favorite lid is my orange Miama Huricanes lid,  orange with hurricane on front. 
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check my posts in the Pho Thread 
    :)
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look terrible in hats.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    where one all the time, sporting either my "Pontiac or Buick" caps. mines so greasy - that even after washed it repels water. bent bill as well!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    wear*
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    My AJ hat is getting pretty worn in now, feels right.  
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a dozen or so in my rotation. Mostly fitted, all curved bill. Prefer the lower profile ones. Mine are mostly sports teams, and a couple with beer logos.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get to wear a hat to work so I do most days.  I curved the bill myself to my likening. It's enjoyable to do so, I have two.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • GuitarCentaurGuitarCentaur Posts: 21
    Too much hair for a hat...
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also look terrible in hats.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i wear a lot of hats, i have both heavily curved bills and semi-flat billed hats, it honestly depends on the hat and if it fits my head right.  there are some that you just have to leave semi flat......i always give it a little bit of a little bend just because i like the way that feels on the head rather than the hard flat.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    Love 'em.

I further believe they're just starting to get good when they are starting to fall apart.

Lest you think I am walking about with the world's stinkiest lid, I also machine wash them/let them air dry.

-Jay

Love em.

Used to collect them.
    Had probably 100+
    One of those "over-the-door" hat racks was absolutely full and I had a couple "under the bed storage type boxes" too. 

That was in my "bachelor" days LOL ...... and the wife encouraged me to pare it down and keep the handful that I regularly wear........

So now I only have maybe 10ish.

2 Ohio U caps
    - one green, one white. both the "athletic style" with a nice curved bill. 

4 Bluejackets caps
    - one "nice" pinstripe 5950 cap that I only wear to games
    - one "regular everyday" newer athletic style cap with curved bill.
    - one "golf" hat that's almost a breathable type material, curved bill.
    - one old, super faded, "trucker style" hat that's by far my favorite of all my hits.  had it for years, perfect fit, perfect curve on the bill, and it's been washed so many times it's super soft.  but it's starting to look pretty rough so i normally only wear working around the house or yard and don't mind if it gets dirty.

and got probably 5-ish misc ball caps from places I've travled/golf events/cigar events. 

sorry.
    probably way more than you wanted to know.
    but i love hats.

(and don't get me started on my winter beanie collection)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv said:
    jarubla said:
    Love 'em.

-Jay

Love em.

Used to collect them.
    Had probably 100+
    One of those "over-the-door" hat racks was absolutely full and I had a couple "under the bed storage type boxes" too. 

That was in my "bachelor" days LOL ...... and the wife encouraged me to pare it down and keep the handful that I regularly wear........

So now I only have maybe 10ish.

2 Ohio U caps
    - one green, one white. both the "athletic style" with a nice curved bill. 

4 Bluejackets caps
    - one "nice" pinstripe 5950 cap that I only wear to games
    - one "regular everyday" newer athletic style cap with curved bill.
    - one "golf" hat that's almost a breathable type material, curved bill.
    - one old, super faded, "trucker style" hat that's by far my favorite of all my hits.  had it for years, perfect fit, perfect curve on the bill, and it's been washed so many times it's super soft.  but it's starting to look pretty rough so i normally only wear working around the house or yard and don't mind if it gets dirty.

and got probably 5-ish misc ball caps from places I've travled/golf events/cigar events. 

sorry.
    probably way more than you wanted to know.
    but i love hats.

(and don't get me started on my winter beanie collection)
    You wear a nice hat to hockey games? What if there's a hat trick? Only been to a couple games so I have never had the opportunity, but I'd have a tough time throwing a good hat away... Unless I had several $8 beers in me.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

You wear a nice hat to hockey games? What if there's a hat trick? Only been to a couple games so I have never had the opportunity, but I'd have a tough time throwing a good hat away... Unless I had several $8 beers in me.
    LOL ok i should have clarified....

1) when i say "nice" i meant i just try to keep it clean and not get it dirty/sweaty/faded/etc. 
    it's not "nice" like expensive "nice" --- was maybe $25

2) and you gotta remember i'm a columbus fan, so we don't get a whole lot of hat tricks.  i'm in the same boat as you; don't get to a whole lot of games and i've yet to be in attendance when we score a hat trick.
    but if i got to see one in person i wouldn't be upset about tossing my hat; i think that'd be cool to see in person. 

3) $8 beers are a must, at least 3/game; 1 for each period.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Love my xikar ball cap.  Have had it for 2 years. Almost broken in. Bent the bill so much it touches my sunglasses when both are on. Almost always have it on at the B&M and I wear it whenever I am not "dressed up"
    This pic was from a few years ago. About 1/3 of all the hats I have.  

Since then, I've gained a few and got rid of a few. 
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16 said:
    Love my xikar ball cap.  Have had it for 2 years. Almost broken in. Bent the bill so much it touches my sunglasses when both are on. Almost always have it on at the B&M and I wear it whenever I am not "dressed up"

Love mine too! image
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16 said:

Love mine too!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devildog1 said:
    I prefer fitted lids, the new stretchy ones are ok.  The bill has to bent.  My favorite lid is my orange Miama Huricanes lid,  orange with hurricane on front. 
    Gross!!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What "brand" is worth your money?

Personally, I could see myself buying a Xikar or other cigar brand cap because it associates me with cigars. It might be a good conversation starter if someone recognizes it.

But, in general, cheap or free are my favorite ball caps. As long as they fit and there's nothing ugly or objectionable about them. 

But what about generic brands like Nike or Underarmor branded caps. You know? The cool brands. You guys  spend any money on those? They don't get any of my money. In fact if I got a generic nike or under armor hat given to me I'd probably turn around and give away. I wouldn't want someone to think I wasted good money. 

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This pic was from a few years ago. About 1/3 of all the hats I have.  

Since then, I've gained a few and got rid of a few. 
    @danielzreyes WTF is that blue one with a lion doing in that collection?  Get that garbage out of there.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I love them but don't wear them. At 58 I still have a full head of hair that needs thinning shears when cut. Damn things just sit on top of my head. 
    I love them but don't wear them. At 58 I still have a full head of hair that needs thinning shears when cut. Damn things just sit on top of my head. 
    Bragging badge achieved. Also, I'm jealous.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Try a man-bob Dark_Roast, I noticed a lot of man-bobs this summer at the beach.  I used to have long hair and used a cap to keep things under control, never liked a ponytail.  This summer I spent lots of time at the beach and saw many guys with bobs.  That's bob's not boob's, although, lol.  
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Cut my dreads off and need one
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pics, @wahooschock

Hopefully  you donated yours to locks of love after you had your hair cut! ;)
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Nobody would have taken it.but I know what ill be doing with it from now on
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All joking aside, my brother did this a little while back (locks of Love). Cancer sux!

Childhood cancer is a level of suckiness that is appalling...

-Jay
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Try a man-bob Dark_Roast, I noticed a lot of man-bobs this summer at the beach.  I used to have long hair and used a cap to keep things under control, never liked a ponytail.  This summer I spent lots of time at the beach and saw many guys with bobs.  That's bob's not boob's, although, lol.  
    My hair can look like Kramer from Seinfeld if I let it go wild. I don't think I could man-bob it. If I could grow my hair down to my ass I would but my place of work would most certainly frown upon it.
    dope