Home Ratings & Reviews

Cusano M1 (Macanudo knock-off)

transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
I've gotten into cigars over the past couple years.  I've been walking my daughter's bassett hound (Buford) 3X/week for much longer (he needs the exercise and it doesn't hurt me any either).

Recently, I decided that an old guy like me walking a bassett hound probably ought to be smoking a cigar when he does it.

If I'm having a smoke with a brandy after a fine meal, I don't mind doing a pricey stick, but walking the dog?  C'mon.  Anyway, I like Macanudos so I tried the M1s.  They're OK, but have much rougher edges than the Macs I've smoked.  This said, the last M1 I had was the best of the lot so I wonder if they benefit from some rest.

Anyway, if you were an old guy who was walking a good lookin' bassett 3 times a week, what would you smoke? Thanks in advance.
Kipling was a wise man.

Comments

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten into cigars over the past couple years.  I've been walking my daughter's bassett hound (Buford) 3X/week for much longer (he needs the exercise and it doesn't hurt me any either).

Recently, I decided that an old guy like me walking a bassett hound probably ought to be smoking a cigar when he does it.

If I'm having a smoke with a brandy after a fine meal, I don't mind doing a pricey stick, but walking the dog?  C'mon.  Anyway, I like Macanudos so I tried the M1s.  They're OK, but have much rougher edges than the Macs I've smoked.  This said, the last M1 I had was the best of the lot so I wonder if they benefit from some rest.

Anyway, if you were an old guy who was walking a good lookin' bassett 3 times a week, what would you smoke? Thanks in advance.
    I'd probably go for a NUB they last for ever and taste good and aren't too heavy to hold in my mouth if the pup requires two hands. There is also great deals on them often.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    if you were an old guy who was walking a good lookin' bassett 3 times a week, what would you smoke? Thanks in advance.
    I'd probably go for a NUB they last for ever and taste good and aren't too heavy to hold in my mouth if the pup requires two hands. There is also great deals on them often.

Thanks...I wouldn't have thought of Nub. They look so small in their ads. I'll give 'em a try.

Kipling was a wise man.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    The Nubs are short but fat and, they don't smoke all that fast. Unless,... you're smoking too fast anyway. 
    Us former cigarette smokers have a tendency to smoke cigars too fast.  I'm working on this.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basset hounds are the best.
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Nubs are deceiving. Picked up an anthology sampler to check them out thinking they would be a quick smoke, but they turned out to be a nice, mellow stick, perfect for the 25-30 minute drive home after work. Try the Habano 560 for a longer, slightly bolder smoke.
    Nolagizmo said:

Nolagizmo, I almost forgot to thank you.

At your suggestion, I bought 10 Nub Habano 464s.  Positively awesome.  Thanks.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:

Nolagizmo, I almost forgot to thank you.

At your suggestion, I bought 10 Nub Habano 464s.  Positively awesome.  Thanks.
    Glad my suggestion went well brutha. Jay introduced me to Nub @jarubla and I keep a few for smoking while I fish.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Gentlemen, I am glad you enjoy the Nub! 

I feel it is a consistent enjoyable smoke and it does not break the bank. It is a keeper!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    Gentlemen, I am glad you enjoy the Nub! 

I feel it is a consistent enjoyable smoke and it does not break the bank. It is a keeper!
    Now I have to convince my wife to enjoy it  :D
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but have a follow up question to the op's.  
    Anyone know of a good knockoff of the Mac lines?  I bought a bundle of clones a while back and find them to be too tight, wrappers too delicate and every 3rd stick tastes extremely bitter by the 2nd inch.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This

7-20-4's Hustler Series Dogwalker cigars. Perfect quick smoke. Around 5 a stick  and very good.

Length 4 1/4 Inches 
    Diameter 40 Ring

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will check 'em out.  Thanks.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.