Home Non Cigar Related

Brady vs. the NFL

YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
When I'm in my car I listen to ESPN radio.  For the last several months and the last three days in particular that's all I've heard.

Does anyone in their right mind believe that two low level equipment guys would tamper with the footballs of one of the best QB's in the league without not only his awarness, but his expressed consent?

That being said, he could have beat the Colts that day throwing a volleyball.  Did they deflate all season, who knows, but the only ones found were for that game?

What should have happened is that the league should have fined him 10 or 15 thousand dollars and left it at that.  Brady could have said, "I don't know  what they are talking about, but in the interest of going forward, I'll pay the fine."

This whole mess shoud have been over in two weeks.  Instead, the NFL has egg on its face, again, and the Commissioner looks like an idiot.

Sorry, I just had to vent!

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:

That being said, he could have beat the Colts that day throwing a volleyball.
    This. And I am not a fan of the Pats.

He spanked the Colts, plain and simple that Sunday.

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    What I found amazing through all of this was the fact that each team is responsible for their own balls. Considering the integrity of the balls is so paramount to the game, you would think the officials would be in complete control of them at all times. 

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    The standard NFL fine for equipment tampering is around $5,700. If Goodell had just levied that fine, without requiring an admission of guilt, this thing would have been resolved before the Super Bowl. 

Instead, he tried to turn this into a colossal kangaroo court and git bit on the ass for it. I give Brady credit for not giving an inch in this whole thing (unlike his boss, Robert Kraft, who caved in early). Since he knew he'd never win in the court of public opinion (outside of NE, that is), he figured he might as well go for broke into the NFL's "Hanging Judge" court. He did and scored a knockout victory. 

It's time for Roger Goodell to get out of Dodge. He's the real embarrassment to the game. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with all of this.  It's too bad that it happened like it did, but maybe now Goodell, the despot that he is, will get a reality check and the NFL will get some common sense on how they mete out what they call 'justice'.

And if the league decides to put officials in charge of the balls, I hope they decide to use calibrated gauges to remove that variable too.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm an Indy fan in Ravens territory.  They're madder about it than I am!

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Lol NFL is sad! College is where it's at!
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol NFL is sad! College is where it's at!
    Nah!  Those kids at the college level haven't yet developed the 'killer instinct' that's brought to the game by the pros.....  So sayeth The Oldfart..  B)
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Ya mean stall tactics lol
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya mean stall tactics lol
    If you're referring to the multitudinous commercial breaks, I agree. But, hey, SOMBODY'S got to pay for our 'free' tv, don't they??  :p
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one made me smile this morning.