Home Non Cigar Related

Does a Tasty Protein Shake Exist?

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
And before any if you miscreants suggest that protein drink I am talking about the health shake/drink.

I tried this one today and it tastes like most of the others--chalk. 

I have only found three I would call tolerable. Sun Warrior, Muscle Milk banana, and Ensure vanilla.

Anyone else have a recommendation or two? My tolerance for banana runts flavored shakes is getting a bit stretched, lol
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a steak in a blender? 
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Muscle Milk Cookies and Cream was pretty good, although I haven't taken protein since my Marine days so I don't know what it tastes like now.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty EY, might have to search that one out
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    edited September 2015
    Bob, that would depend on the steak!

It would break my heart to do that to a grass fed dry aged porterhouse. 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I buy the Twinlab 100% Whey Protein. It's the best tasting one I've found, not that I've tried a lot. I like the vanilla and bought a small package of cookies and cream to try recently. Their chocolate one needs work. Only 25g of protein per serving, though. (I double it)
    I know there's higher protein content out there, but I continue to buy this one because I know I like the flavor.

Also, this is the powder, in case I didn't make that clear. Not sure if I've had a ready to drink shake that I've liked.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Along what Charlie said, why not make your own? 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree with peter and charlie --- you ever try making your own @jarubla ?
    lots more options if you go that route. 

some good recipe ideas here: http://dailyburn.com/life/recipes/quick-easy-protein-shake-recipes/ 
    that banana oat, blueberry mango and chocolate pb are pretty damn good.
    make a big batch then freeze the extra....can't go wrong.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

some good recipe ideas here: http://dailyburn.com/life/recipes/quick-easy-protein-shake-recipes/ 

Thanks John. I usually add a banana and/or strawberries. Going to try a few of these.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

Thanks John. I usually add a banana and/or strawberries. Going to try a few of these.
    You're welcome Charlie but I can't take credit for that one. 

Wife has been on a "health kick" this summer (therefore I've been on 1 too lol).....and she's been finding all sorts of recipes from that site. 

If it wasn't for her I'd be sticking with strawberry milkshakes and chocolate malts :D

(and the main recipe page is here, in case you're looking for ideas for other foods too: http://dailyburn.com/life/category/recipes/ )  

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muscle pharm combat powder. I put the cinnamon bun in my plain oatmeal. Great morning breakfast
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, intek makes very good protein
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Thanks guys! Gonna give some of these a go

-Jay