Home General Discussion

Today is national thank a police officer day so I wanted to let you all know....

Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been a deputy for the past 13+ years now. Some of you already knew that but that isn't why I'm posting this. When I joined this forum early this year I didn't do anything for a month but watch. I have have seen a lot of things in my career that can't be unseen and have situations that make a lot of grown men cry. I mostly deal with the part of society that a most of you don't have to see. I deal with it on a daily basis. I never thought this job would change me but it did. I can be very cold and callous. Not just to strangers but even to the people I love. 

When I sat back and watched the caring and thoughtfulness of the people on here I was amazed. I didn't believe it existed. I know I post a lot and hang around the forums a lot but is truly an escape for me. It reminded me that there is good and decent people still around and I'm glad I found this place and you all. So I want to say thank you to you all who make this forum because for me it is an escape. Cheers everyone!!! 
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Deputy. Not just today. 24/7 365. Thank you.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen and THANKS!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you fellas. Bob I need you address for the pass
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I did not know that about today, wish I had because I spoke to one this morning getting coffee.  You guys don't get the credit you deserve dealing with the public on a daily basis.  If you respond to something it isn't usually a good situation to start with and just a traffic stop can turn into anything, don't know how you do it.  Probably can't imagine what you've seen but it must be hard to leave that stuff at work when you go home.

Guess you'll have to spend more time here with us idiots, it's for your own good now Nick.

Thank you, and your family.  Stay safe.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to you and all the men in blue.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on Vherf w/ Nick this afternoon...  that guy deserves every dollar they pay him, and then some.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I was on Vherf w/ Nick this afternoon...  that guy deserves every dollar they pay him, and then some.
    Roger that...
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    TY Peter
    -- Winston Churchill

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for all that you do!!!! It can be a thankless job at times I am sure. Stay safe out there. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Thanks Jay, I appreciate that
    -- Winston Churchill