Home Cigar 101
Options

New Smoker.....

tdltdl Posts: 5
Im new to the cigar world and would greatly appreciate any and all help. I'm new to cigar smoking so im starting out with the flavored ones...ive tried the CAO flavors and a couple of the Cuban Honeys and so far nothing really pops out...I want a sweet tasting and good smelling cigar as i will be smoking around the wife and dont want nothing offensive to her ...or me...as she likes the smell and tast of a good cigar also...sweet and flavorful from start to finish...does it exist or am i just wishing...any help is appreciated...Thanks

Comments

• Options
    FlyteFlyte Posts: 25 ✭✭
    If you like coffee and chocolate then I suggest a Drew Estate Java or Java Mint. They are well made sticks with good construction and great flavors throughout. They lean heavy on the coffee flavors with a good tobacco flavor to support it throughout. If you want something with a little more body then a Tabak Especial Red Eye is good as well for the coffee selection. All have great smelling smoke and flavors. 
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome tdl, wish I could make a suggestion but I don't smoke infused/flavored cigars.  All I can say is call ccom and talk to a rep, my rep is Sean Lamb.  Tell them what you're looking for.  They can probably set you up with a sampler and you can start playing.  
  • Options
    WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

Welcome, when it comes to infused cigars Acid is by far the best. I would recommend a sampler like this to get you started:

http://www.cigar.com/samplers/66787/drew-estates-pinnacle-infusion-sampler-iii/#p-111406

• Options
    tdltdl Posts: 5
    Hey Thanks fellows and i will give them all a try...Thanks The3Stogies i will def be implying...anyone who has any other thoughts please feel free....again i'm new any help to any good smoke for a beginner is welcome....Thanks
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @tdl and welcome to the forum!

Ccom has a very good selection, and like Woodguarden pointed out, there are some kick butt samplers.

If you can, pick out a cigar with a wrapper leaf from Cameroon. Also look for a mild-medium blend, and keep a notebook handy to jot your thoughts in.

It was a tremendous help to me to write my tasting notes down.

Congrats on your better half being your smoking buddy!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch