Home General Discussion

Jes' foolin' around...

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in General Discussion

I've got most of a box of lanceros left that I bought elsewhere and hid them on myself to age. I ran across them the other day and noticed the yellow cellos and figured it was time to start smoking them. The only problem is that life has evolved for me such that I frequently don't have time to smoke a long cigar. The following photos show what I did to rectify the situation...

ooops!  I goofed. They're lonsdales, not lanceros, and I bought them in June of 2013.....

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooooooo
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No bueno
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shucks, guys, DZR ain't the only one with a cigar and a knife...   :p
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Brilliant!!!
    One God, One Truth
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find any baseball cards or Cheetos inside???

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Actually, it worked out quite well. The scotch tape ends up on the mouth-end of the foot half and keeps it from unravelling. The part of the tape on the foot of the head end isn't needed and can be easily removed before lighting that half. I think I've re-created the Nub...  Yuk, yuk....... (Sweet spot and all)...
    jgibv said:
    Find any baseball cards or Cheetos inside???
    No, but on the plus side there wasn't any horse **** or cardboard in there, either....  B)
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done the same thing on a few occasions with very long cigars, and have had success with a good/sharp Xikar cutter.  I've also had good success making my own cigar glue with a cheap jar of fruit pectin - found for a few bucks in the canning section at the grocery store - just mix a tiny bit of the powdered pectin with a few drops of water in a teaspoon... fixes any wrapper unraveling, no sweat.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited September 2015
    Yep. I agree. I've got some around somewhere but didn't take time to look for it. You can also buy sheets of a paper-like substance made of tobacco. Usually sold in head shops. Has a sorta lick-um adhesive on the back side. I'm told it's intended for rolling 'blunts' or super sized doobies.  I have some of that, too but I wanted to test the mouth-feel of the scotch tape. 

For me, the tape wasn't objectionable... but, then, I'm one of those weirdos who can't abide a soggy, chewed-up stogie in my mouth..... B)
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good work @jlmarta

Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!!!!! ..... but next time cut it the long ways
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Yes!!!!! ..... but next time cut it the long ways
    Hee hee, I would but it'd probably be hard to keep it lit... B)