Home Pipes

Collection of Pipes

MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
Ok, so some of you know me from the cigar forums.  Recently I went rummage Saling and found a bunch of stands and about 25 plus pipes, I am sure they might not be worth alot, but I am willing to send to anyone who would appreciate all of them, please let me know will ship no charge, please only ones that will respect them.  
Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mike, Dang that's a lot of pipes. I have been wanting to try my hand at restoration and would be willing to put the time into this project. 
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    One you get them...pm me your addy and I will get off to you like 3 stands and bunch of pipes, will send out to you.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Hi Mike, 

I would love to trade some sticks for 2-3 pipes. Lemme know if interested?

That is if you have any left. Not trying to step on Nathan's toes at all here!

Thanks!
    Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Hi Jay,

I'm planning to clean these up a bit and pass em out to botl  ;)

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey strange if you have a nose warmer or bulldog in there keep me in mind please. Been looking for a short pipe with a fat bowl. 

I just restored/freshened up my pipes and let me recommend the Decatur products. They work great and are easy to use. 
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how mine turned out

Hi Jay,

I'm planning to clean these up a bit and pass em out to botl  ;)

Sounds Dang Good!

Keep me in mind later on down the road? 

Muchas Gracias, Señor,
    Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

jsnake said:

Jake those are looking fantastic
    jsnake said:

Looking good Jake, I've got wax and will pick up the rest once I see what's needed
    Once I see what all is in this lot I'll post em up and start passing em out. 
    Don't think alot of fancy ones, just some old guys collection. Will ship out Monday for ya.

shipped today have fun..

9505 5121 3117 5265 0793 65

edited September 2015
    Looking forward to it :)

So here is the collection that mvw67 was kind enough to pass along. I was able to date a couple of the easy ones and it looks like this lot is from the 50's thru the 70's.

More info to come as I can dig it up.

Good stuff! Old stuff is some of the best stuff. I am a bit of a dork, but am constantly amazed what one can find going to the antique shops. The better half and I are in to antiques; love the fact that someone else had a treasure for 50-60-90 years and kept it in like new shape.
    B) Glad they made it, hope you enjoy, all is good
    Hey Senor @onestrangeone how is the project going? Anything interesting or cool in the estate collection?

Progress report.

I was/am surprised at the amount of info that I have been able to find. These are all from the mid/late 40's thru the early 60's and have been VERY well used, I would rate the condition of the set as 'fair' 

These are not a collectors set of pipes, this is a hardcore smokers collection, that being said there are some very interesting and unique pipes in the set. I will get some pic's up as I go. It turns out that restoring estate pipes is a very time consuming process and I was wrong to think that I would be able to do 4-5 at a time.

The stems have been the biggest challenge so far (50-70 years of oxidation is a **** too remove) 

I have six that are close to ready, I am trying different techniques on the finish but it looks like strait wax is going to be the end result.   

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    What a collection, I have to say I'm jealous.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Here is a link to help you Identify some of these!!

http://pipephil.eu/logos/en/index-en.html#theme
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is awesome.  Looking forward to watching this project.  Have been enjoying a pipe more and more so time to invest in a better pipe.  Looking forward to hearing more about the collection.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had a pipe but with any luck I may follow pops footsteps.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Dad had that one at the bottom left of the shot.  I recognize a couple others as ones I've had in the past.  Good deal.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Glad to hear everything is progressing