Home Cigar 101

How to handle a box.

ChazMNChazMN Posts: 53 ✭✭
Hello! I purchased a box of cigars for a gift. My question is, is there anything i should do to make sure they stay in good condition until the recipient can receive  them? The box is wood and wrapped in shrink film. 

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long till you deliver the gift?

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • ChazMNChazMN Posts: 53 ✭✭
    About 2 weeks-ish from today. 
    Do you have any humidified storage containers? Humidor, coolerdor, tupperdor?

Thank you, 
    Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, THAT kind of a box. Never mind......  :p
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gently yet firmly :D
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

I forgot about the ziplock option. Excellent point @onestrangeone

@ChazMN if you have no access to a B&M (aka store), shoot me a PM and I will send you one.

Final question ChazMN, are you also into cigars?

-Jay
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
     Put it in a gallon sized Ziploc bag and it will be fine for a couple of weeks, If there is a cigar shop close to where your at pick up a Boveda humidity pack and add it to the bag as well. 

This is what I do...Never had an issue with this method. Just be sure to put some sort of humidification in that bag.

• ChazMNChazMN Posts: 53 ✭✭
    I watched a vid on YouTube and set up a tupperdor, had a box of my own that should be in there too. 
    Thank you for the input Jarubla Onestrangeone!

And yes i am into cigars, always have loved the smell and am now realizing my passion for smoking them too. :) 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm VERY surprised the peanut gallery didn't tell you the best way to deal with a box is to send them all out to them.  :smile: 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    ChazMN said:
    I watched a vid on YouTube and set up a tupperdor, had a box of my own that should be in there too. 
    Thank you for the input Jarubla Onestrangeone!

And yes i am into cigars, always have loved the smell and am now realizing my passion for smoking them too. :) 
    Fantastic! I hope you stick around here and get to know this crazy group of amazing people. 

Looking forward to to getting to know you

Take care,
    Jay
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these conversations and posts about humidity and no one ever mentions the relative humidity where you live during the particular month because that matters -- a lot. If you live in Phoenix and it's summer time, then you better get those babies in a humidor even if it's just a day. If you live in Miami in the summer (or Seattle in the winter, they are probably just fine for a couple of weeks. Actually, you may need to control the humidity the other way!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Wrap it in dragon skin and add a drop of unicorn blood. Noobs.