Home General Discussion

Fed X ban on tobacco shipping

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just read about this ( thanks NY). I sure hope UPS and USPS doesn't follow suit. 

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if the usps did everyone would still do it. They don't have tobacco sniffing dogs to find your cigars. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep but would ccom be willing to break the law by removing cigar from their shipping label? That's the biggie. 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got me there. i was only thinking of us
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fed Ex needs to ban overcharging people...
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all about taxes. NY claims they lost out on tobacco taxes that were purchased (I assume out of state) and delivered by Fedex, yet never taxed.  $235 million case! $10 mil in lost taxes. Most of the rest is penalties...

I am not sure if any other states' laws apply similarly or what this means for shipping.  Lots of lost business if they drop all tobacco shipments.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we could take all the politicians in NY and CA and ship them to Syria...
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we could take all the politicians in NY and CA and ship them to Syria...
    Syria is having enough probems!