Home Cigar 101

Seeking a "Creamy and a bit Sweet" Cigar

I have been looking for a cigar with a bit of sweetness and creamy taste to it. I'm looking for a premium long filler cigar, no cheap flavored dutch master or something. just something that naturally has those notes I'm searching for.  well, i actually have had one that i really enjoyed, but I'm afraid that i was really drunk and that effected how i perceived the cigar. i was at a house warming party and lit up a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. before i enjoyed this cigar, i might add that i had about 15 beers in me and i was drinking a vodka redbull during my smoke. I was amazed at how smooth, creamy, and flavorful this stick was. What I'm asking is the Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 always like this? or did i just taste that because i was drunk and my drink effected it? and what are some sticks that will give me the same tastes that i experienced that night? thanks guys. 

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one way to find out, ol' buddy.  And when you pick up another Vintage 1990, grab a Decade.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of things can effect your palate. I'm sure a great drunk can distort it. I should know. I enjoy a good drunk often. Based on the discription you are looking for I would suggest the New World or th Air Bender. Both are amazing cigars with lots of creamyness. Not something I smoke regularly because I changed what I like to spicey cigars. When I first started cigars only a few months ago I really liked the creamy mild cigars... and I still do when I'm wasted, but I only try to get buzzed.  An awesome BOTL filled up a priority mail box with a çrap load of cigars and shipped them from the northwest way down here to New Orleans. Both those cigars were in that box and both were amazing I actually bought a box of the New World (these are what you need) and I've smoked 4 of them... they are still good even sober. That same guy was also nice enough to expand my palate and send me a variety of flavors... the one I'm most grateful for is that yummy tastey Pete Johnson tatuaje, which is my personal favorite. You may or may not like those, they have some kick to them but us Cajuns like kick.

What I really suggest is hang out here. Post up a newbie intro. Do a newbie trade. Make a few friends and enjoy this awesome group of BOTL.

WELCOME @JakeALPHA
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I am gonna second @Nolagizmo on Tatuaje. I will go a wee bit further and recommend the Havana VI Victorias. Absolute honey of a stick!

And welcome to the forums!

Edit: here is a glowing review

http://www.cigarinspector.com/tatuaje/havana-vi-victorias

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Perla Del Mar and La Traviata would fit the bill, 5Veagas, RyJ, Perdomo Champagne and Lot23 I could go on and on and on, If you call a rep at C.com and tell them what you liked about the RP they will help you put together a sampler of stuff to try within your budget. Welcome to the forum there is a ton of info here.  

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    I should know. I enjoy a good drunk often.
    That's what she said. Sorry.  :p
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot said:
    Nolagizmo said:
    I should know. I enjoy a good drunk often.
    That's what she said. Sorry.  :p
    Rain, this was just confirmed by my pregnant better half.
    I asked... She replied by pointing at her belly and saying "ya think?"
     >:)  <3>:)
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

I always found E.P Carrillo to be creamy with a natural sweetness.

Another cigar that has a natural sweetness is the 1000 series Padron Maduro. Not sure I would describe them as creamy, but smooth with a hint of sweetness.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    How has nobody said Avo classic?