Home Ratings & Reviews

Nicaraguan 90+ seconds

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone tried these? So far I've really liked them. Yeah a couple were tight but I've not had one I couldn't unplug yet. And a couple have had water marks or the wrapper wasn't very pretty but other than that they have been pretty solid smokes. Gonna need another mazo soon. I understand that the blends change up a lot so next time I may not be so lucky. Anybody smoke these on a regular basis who might have some insight on them?

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daily smoke for a while now. Half the time these seconds are better than most firsts.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Anybody smoke these on a regular basis who might have some insight on them?
    they are oliva seconds if i am not mistaken.
    and the "nicaraguan ligero laced seconds are the Oliva V blend.
    again if i am not mistaken
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    kuzi16:

These are Cain seconds
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Have went through 2 bundles so far, and added 2 more to go with my order as well the other day, my son turned me on to them buying me 2 bundles for fathers day, haven't had a bad one yet (knock on wood)
    Was out back a week or so ago having one while the wife had one of her Tatiana's, she liked the smell enough to ask for a draw of it, (this from a lady that said she would never smoke anything but an infused/flavored) she's smoked half a dozen of them herself already lol
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds promising. Will probably get another mazo with my next order.
    bbass2:
    kuzi16:

These are Cain seconds
    thats right... there is another one that is the V seconds.
    kuzi16:
    bbass2:
    kuzi16:

These are Cain seconds
    just remembered after a review of the list of brands....

Nica Libre Potencia are effectively Oliva V seconds. maybe not even seconds... they are just the ones that are not the right color to be packaged as a V.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Interesting, I didn't know that about the potencia. I figured the Saison's were something like that since they seem to have similar flavors.
    bbass2:
    Interesting, I didn't know that about the potencia.
    dont feel bad. Oliva doesnt advertise this. not sure if they would deny it or not.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    bbass2:
    Interesting, I didn't know that about the potencia.
    dont feel bad. Oliva doesnt advertise this. not sure if they would deny it or not.
    Really?? Huh. Ive had one potencia, but I don't remember if it was similar to the V's or not. Oliva Vs are one of my favorites. Not a big fan of the nica libres. I think the brand was overhauled a little recently, but maybe just the look.

edit: The product description on the potencias does say they come from Oliva. I never noticed! I would definitely believe it could be essentialy a V with an offcolor or slightly different wrapper.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    I just bought a bundle for like $25 fantastic cigar!
    imagephoto 2813BCAD-0B04-43F9-AC37-36774BC285A7_zpsyesssfrb.jpg
    imagephoto 14064CB6-E059-4372-8D4B-61C97D3118B2_zpsdftqaadd.jpg
    Excellant construction, spicy and strong. The flavors were very consistent no changes but can't go wrong with 2 bucks a stick!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they are. I have one left here somewheres, and now I gotta go hunt it up and burn it.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Man there delicious! They are def Olivia series O. Tastes exactly the same as well. Iv had a few and only one had any wrapper issues and was still very smokable.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a list somewhere? Kuzi, do you have all the info? The reason I ask is that in ccom's description of the Alec Bradley 2nds they claim that they promised the maker not to disclose which blends were which in their offering of Alec Bradley seconds. Maybe we could create a complete list of all the ccom 2nds and keep it on the down low, exchanging it just through PMs. I'm very interested in all the 2nds but at the same time I'd rather it not be a mystery or a guessing game.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    bbass2:
    kuzi16:

These are Cain seconds
    just remembered after a review of the list of brands....

Nica Libre Potencia are effectively Oliva V seconds. maybe not even seconds... they are just the ones that are not the right color to be packaged as a V.
    I thought the Potencia was a pretty good smoke. That's goo to know.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I will have to give these a shot, I like the Cain and have been looking for a inexpensive stick to take the place of the AJ overruns.
    onestrangeone:
    I think I will have to give these a shot, I like the Cain and have been looking for a inexpensive stick to take the place of the AJ overruns.
    For the price they are fantastic. Peppery and one dimensional but great construction and burn.
  • 11rocket1111rocket11 Posts: 138
    Bob Luken:
    Is there a list somewhere? Kuzi, do you have all the info? The reason I ask is that in ccom's description of the Alec Bradley 2nds they claim that they promised the maker not to disclose which blends were which in their offering of Alec Bradley seconds. Maybe we could create a complete list of all the ccom 2nds and keep it on the down low, exchanging it just through PMs. I'm very interested in all the 2nds but at the same time I'd rather it not be a mystery or a guessing game.
    Hey Bob, was wondering if the list actually existed? If so could I PM you for it?
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    11rocket11:
    Bob Luken:
    Hey Bob, was wondering if the list actually existed? If so could I PM you for it?
    Nobody has responded to my question. My guess is that there are a few members here that know some of which firsts the seconds are seconds of but there is probably no complete list or guide. And, there may be people at ccom that know exactly what is what but probably can't disclose this info.
    Bob Luken:
    11rocket11:
    Bob Luken:
    Nobody has responded to my question. My guess is that there are a few members here that know some of which firsts the seconds are seconds of but there is probably no complete list or guide. And, there may be people at ccom that know exactly what is what but probably can't disclose this info.
    It's probably a contractual agreement not to disclose the specific seconds. Everyone knows who has smoked them they rock and the rocky Patel 1992's seconds suck. yet RP clearly has its name on the seconds.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16 said:
    Rhamlin:
    Anybody smoke these on a regular basis who might have some insight on them?
    they are oliva seconds if i am not mistaken.
          When these first came out, I sent Kuzi a couple, and he came to the conclusion that they were Oliva G's.  I agreed, and still think that those were Oliva G's, however, Oliva is now showing up with their own 2nds, and I've been thinking that the bundles I've received in the last year or so have tasted an awful lot more like certain Fuente's than Oliva.

Are Fuente and Oliva manufactured at the same facility?  Are there any connections between Oliva and Fuente?  Just wondering, in case anyone knows.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    OK, you guys convinced me...I'm ordering a 15-ct bundle.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    The toro's are the way to go. Ordered the "robusto's" and they where significantly smaller than robusto's 3.5x44 or so. Flavor was not as good as the toro's either.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daily smoke for a while now. Half the time these seconds are better than most firsts.
    Odd but true
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had my first one tonight and I must say they are good especially for the price. I can see myself smoking these on a daily basis.