Home Ratings & Reviews

Nub 464 Habano

Just finished a Nub 464 Habano (torpedo). This was a really good smoke. Pre-light draw was like a chocolate brownie (chocolate). It started off very spicy then I picked up more hints of chocolate, then moving to hints of caramel. About half way through it became spicy again, then turning leathery. It finished spicy. It took me approximately 50 minutes to smoke. Good stick - although I'm a novice, I'd put it in my top 10.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sounds good. The Nub is high on my "to try" list, and I think the habano is the one I'd pick up first. I really need to cut down on my reserves though before I go buying anything else, had to bust out another glad ware container to accommodate my overflow.

Nice review, I think that is probably the size I'd like to try as well, that or the 466 I think is was.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Damn firemshll, reading your review is making me hungry. I don't know whether to smoke that Nub or eat it. I would stop eating before the leather part though.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    My local B&M is having a nub event Sunday Sam Luccia will be there and everything. SHould be a good time.
  • firemshllfiremshll Posts: 19
    Cool. I may try the Connecticut Nub tonight. I tried my first Padron last night - I really wasn't impressed with it.
    Yea I'm not big on Padrons but I will say the Padron 1926 is AMAZING. I always try to smoke a couple different sizes and lines before I swear off a brand and I'm yet to find a single brand I don't like at leat one of their sticks EXCEPT La Flor Dominica but I've only had 3 so.
    Also let me know how that Connecticut is I haven't tried it. I gave one to a buddy that is a mild smoker and he loved it but one I asked for his review I got ... "GREAT!". Real descripitive there!
    I'll post it on here after I smoke it. After this day I've had, I need a bottle of scotch and a whole box of stogies.
    Firemshll, after reading you review I tried one today. I didn't pick up as much of the chocalate and carmel you experienced but I did get the strength, leather and some nice woody flavors. It was an enjoyable hour smoke for the ride home and I am beginning to get use to the size after this my fourth different Nub
    Sorry you didn't pick up any chocolate or caramel flavors. That's what's great about reviews - everyone has different tastes that they pick up on. I tried the Connecticut tonight and posted the review just a minute ago. I didn't really care for it. Like I said in the review, I'll give it one more shot, but to me, the Habano is much, much better.
    I will try the Habano again, Maybe a different day and a little age will change the profile it has in the past. The only ones I have not tried of all the Nubs are the 300's A little to short I think. I believe I like the Torpedo shape best in this line in all wrappers.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

Major bump.

My pal forgot his cigar on the 17th hole today and didn''t have anything to smoke with his 19th hole beer. I still had at least 30 minutes left on a Sons of Anarchy so I gave him the Nub Habano 464 I had been saving for our post-round pow wow. This was a pretty big sacrifice since i had yet to try one of these sticks.

I got home, watched my Bears lose to the Stinkin' Lions in OT and decided to drown my sorrows by burning my very own 464.

It was just swell. Great draw, burn and flavor. Smooth as silk. Lots of rich, luxurious smoke. It gave me a great 50 minutes (I mighta been able to stretch it to an hour, but that'd be pushing it). I've got 8 left and will replenish. This one's a keeper.

Kipling was a wise man.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to lub me some nubs. Maduro was my preferred nubbie of choice but I liked 'em all. Still do I suppose, but it's been a while since I've had one. Maybe I can dig one up somewhere deep in one of these coolers. Thanks for reminding me. 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only had the Cameroon and I thought is was pretty darn tasty
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm bummed that they stopped making the 358 Maduro, and will have to try the 460's, but I liked that little box press for a yummy quick smoke.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Bigsmoke78Bigsmoke78 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    I've had the 460, and 466, all habanos. Very good, but everything olivia has is amazing!