Home Non Cigar Related

(Carl's Jr. / Hardee's) You think they did it for the extra buzz?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Non Cigar Related
https://youtu.be/ypR6Raw40J4

To stage a commercial as a volleyball game using the border fence as a net was sure to draw some outrage IMO. I mean, when I think of the border fence, I think of illegal immigration, and life and death situations, not some sexy T&A Volleyball game.  You think they knew it would/could cause a stir but went ahead and did it for the extra buzz that it would generate? I'm certain that's exactly why they did it.  
Post edited by Bob_Luken on

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great marketing and even better a$$ slap at the end
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Hardee's and Carl's Jr. Both are running the same avert. These two companies are both owned by CKE Restaurants.

For those of you wondering, (as have I) Carl's Jr. is generally out west and Hardee's is generally midwest, south and such. 

map https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/CarlsJrHardeesLocations.svg
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

To stage a commercial as a volleyball game using the border fence as a net was sure to draw some outrage IMO. I mean, when I think of the border fence, I think of illegal immigration, and life and death situations, not some sexy T&A Volleyball game.  You think they knew it would/could cause a stir but went ahead and did it for the extra buzz that it would generate? I'm certain that's exactly why they did it.  
    There's a fence in this commercial? Ummmm...didn't notice. 
    raisindot said:
    Bob_Luken said:

Yeah, well, maybe there's not much to see here except skinny model butts. As to my original point, so far I see no negative reaction online. Maybe there won't be much but I expect at least some will pop up. I can't imagine that the PC hardliners would miss an opportunity to be offended.  
    edited October 2015
    Bob_Luken said:
    raisindot said:
    Bob_Luken said:

Yeah, well, maybe there's not much to see here except skinny model butts. 
    With all due respect, sir, if the main thing you notice is the fence and you think model butts are "not much to see," well, sir, methinks you may be in need of gettin' your mojo workin'.   :D
    raisindot said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    raisindot said:
    Bob_Luken said:

With all due respect, sir, if the main thing you notice is the fence and you think model butts are "not much to see," well, sir, methinks you may be in need of gettin' your mojo workin'.   :D
    When you say "with all due respect" I know I'm fixin' to be diiiiisrespected. :tongue:  

Way to go. Twisting my words and all,.......

I didn't say the fence was the first thing I noticed. You did.

And, my mojo told me to tell you, I didn't say those skinny model butts weren't nice. I watched them, plen-ty. Ex-specially dat butt slap. 

This is why NCR gets out of hand. Shame on you. 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Trump wins the election.....and builds that border wall he's been talking about.....

You think we'd see more volleyball games like this happening?

If so, he's got my vote!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Bob_Luken said:
    raisindot said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    raisindot said:
    Bob_Luken said:

When you say "with all due respect" I know I'm fixin' to be diiiiisrespected. :tongue:  

And, my mojo told me to tell you, I didn't say those skinny model butts weren't nice. I watched them, plen-ty. Ex-specially dat butt slap. 

Since this is NCR, I'm gonna try the well-oiled defensive political technique of walking back to the border what I said. See, I wasn't meaning to imply you had lost your mojo. Just expressing BOTL-ly concern. Now that I've watched this ad about 74 times I now totally understand what you were commenting on. Fencewise, that is.  :*
    raisindot said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    raisindot said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    raisindot said:
    Bob_Luken said:

Since this is NCR, I'm gonna try the well-oiled defensive political technique of walking back to the border what I said. See, I wasn't meaning to imply you had lost your mojo. Just expressing BOTL-ly concern. Now that I've watched this ad about 74 times I now totally understand what you were commenting on. Fencewise, that is.  :*
    Thanks for the concern brother. My mojo thanks you too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I never noticed a volleyball or net....and Mex won that competition!!!
    All the Tex girls are blonde? All the Mex girls are brunette? Well, no. Not according to Telemundo.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this commercial several times and I really never noticed the fence as a net!