Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

throwin out some feelers

SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Trades, Passes and Bombs
i know there are a lot of passes goin on right now, but im curious if there would be any interest in a higher-end pass with a minimum of $20 sticks (i.e. 2x $10 sticks is not allowed). also probably with a maximum take of 2 or 3.

throwin out some feelers 6 votes

Yes, i would be interested.
66%
VulchorSleevePlzjarublaSecretSquirrel 4 votes
No, too rich for my blood.
33%
jliuNolagizmo 2 votes
Maybe, but i can't decide until i see the starting lineup
0%

Comments

• SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    another thing to note is that the pass order will be decided by RNG. this way, everyone has a fair shot at the starting lineup.

i gotta go handle some military stuff this weekend, so i wont be able to reply to any questions until sunday night.
    one more thing i would like to mention is that a take and a put should be of equal(ish) value. for example, if you take a $40 stick, please put a $40 stick, 1 to 1. please dont put 2x $20 sticks. the reasoning behind this is that i want to keep the integrity of the pass intact, with the saying "quality over quantity" as its foundation.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds good. I would need to check what I have. I'm not sure I have many in that range. I would be a possible at this point.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     I'm kinda in the same place as Nick, I know I have some sticks in that range, most likely they are the same as what everyone else has, Opus, Padron and Davidoff. I would have to look to see what else.  
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you would have more luck in the $15-20 range, otherwise you are probably going to see predominantly the same types of cigars. A $15-20 dollar cigar, excluding auction stuff, would open up the possibilities. I do like the idea that the cost of the stick you take should be equal to the one you put. 
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea. Something to consider is the current market value of older cigars. Some limited edition cigars that originally sold for $12 5-10 years ago may be worth over $20 (or more) to some people now. Dealing with that subjectivity should be addressed before it starts. Also, remember, this is your pass that you are putting a couple hundred dollars worth of your cigars into. You are incurring all the risk, so make sure you are comfortable with the rules and who you are having participate. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree Tony, a little Boris probably worth 30-50 bucks. Any of the older monsters, ie. The Frank at least 50 bucks. Not that I have either unfortunately 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz said:
    I like the idea. Something to consider is the current market value of older cigars. Some limited edition cigars that originally sold for $12 5-10 years ago may be worth over $20 (or more) to some people now. Dealing with that subjectivity should be addressed before it starts. Also, remember, this is your pass that you are putting a couple hundred dollars worth of your cigars into. You are incurring all the risk, so make sure you are comfortable with the rules and who you are having participate. 
    That's one of my concerns too. Even the Tat Jeckle is selling for over 20 now but I wouldn't consider that a $20 cigar -- but it is damn tasty.  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool.  I have Gurkhas that I payed retail for back in the day that I want to get rid of.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool.  I have Gurkhas that I payed retail for back in the day that I want to get rid of.
    Lmmfao
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Way out of my league but I hope it gets going, I love to watch the high rollers playing.  
    Well, it would seem that only a couple of people are interested at this time so I guess it's a no-go. As far as the risk goes, I don't really mind it. And as far as subjectivity goes, perhaps a general consensus could be formed prior to puts by asking beforehand either via the thread or by pm. Oh well, it was just an idea
    edited October 2015
    Im just tired of seeing the same old smokes getting passed around, and usaf's pass got me thinking when the old man and the C came and went. Albeit a unicorn, you get the idea..
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I am tired of old man and the c 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Would dropping the stick price to 30 do anything here or is it the same ol' stix in the mix?

$30 is still a costly stogie for an everyday 

I get that your aim is to bring out the more rare stuff. Maybe we just go boutique/local-to-the-participants twist instead

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be betteright handled as a person to person trade. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    Yeah, I suppose your right
    jarubla said:
    Would dropping the stick price to 30 do anything here or is it the same ol' stix in the mix?

$30 is still a costly stogie for an everyday 

I get that your aim is to bring out the more rare stuff. Maybe we just go boutique/local-to-the-participants twist instead

-Jay

I don't know what you mean, I had the minimum at 20.everything else was an example
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what you mean, I had the minimum at 20.everything else was an example
    Cool, I must've got a wild hair and been thinking Utah prices, lol.

They are a mite marked up :)

Any thoughts on doing this one still, or is it best to let s sleeping dog lie?

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    Nah, theres just too many problems with the setup and subjectivity of worth. A lot of good points were brought up in regards to age as well.
    Things like this, as pointed out above, are best handled with a simple trade