Home General Discussion

Quiet in here?

prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
So I was just ripped out of hibernation by Mr. Shizz and noticed a lack of recent posts to comment on and newbies introducing themselves.  What gives? Lack of smokers or shy folk?

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "newbie" welcoming and trading threads are now stickys.....

maybe that's it?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some quiet times ocasionaly @pross
    Glad you decided to return and put some posts out there. Welcome back.
    I happen to be one of those newbies recently to have introduced myself.
    I love this place. These guys are great!
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we should ask them to un-sticky the welcoming thread so it shows up in the recent discussions? I never look in there because it doesn't show up! Sorry if I'm thread jacking here. Hi @pross !
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Yea, I skimmed right over it also.  
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Tis the season until it really "tis the season".   Things always perk up at Christmas.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a newbie here, love this place.  Only thing is folks here stop counting at five, but continue to cram stuff inside a box.  
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hi Pross, welcome back. How's that car of yours doing?
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Car is great. Just wish I had more time to drive it!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20 said:
    Maybe we should ask them to un-sticky the welcoming thread so it shows up in the recent discussions? I never look in there because it doesn't show up! Sorry if I'm thread jacking here. Hi @pross !
    This exactly. I don't take time to check every category. I just hit the recent discussions tab and the sticky threads don't show up there even if there's been a recent post to them.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    No longer.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devildog1 said:
    I am a newbie here, love this place.  Only thing is folks here stop counting at five, but continue to cram stuff inside a box.  
    Sometimes 2 or 3 get stuck together and then that just counts as 1
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there are more lurkers and not as many posters. Also there's not as many pot stirrers...
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tis the season to be busy as hell at work.  Hopped in here for the first time this week just for a sanity break. 

Welcome back Pross!  Jim certainly knows how to stir it up! 

Rain, good to see you too brother!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• TheWacoKidTheWacoKid Posts: 16
    matkn293 said:

Tis the season to be busy as hell at work. 

^^^what he said...

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    This exactly. I don't take time to check every category. I just hit the recent discussions tab and the sticky threads don't show up there even if there's been a recent post to them.
    Agreed! Can we get an unsticky on just the noob welcoming thread?
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    It would be best for all parties.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    I think there are more lurkers and not as many posters. Also there's not as many pot stirrers...
    All AJs and Davidoffs suck balls
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin

Nolagizmo said:
    jarubla said:
    Bob_Luken said:

Done
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    krebsie said:
    Nolagizmo said:
    jarubla said:
    Bob_Luken said:

Done
    too bad there isn't a way to both:
    keep it "stickied" at the top but also have it appear in the "recent discussions" tab when new comments are posted......

since that would:
    make it always visible for new folks......
    prevent us from having manually bump it (like with the old forum software) ........
    and show up for the folks who prefer using the "recent discussions" tab. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    Go stir your Pho. Plus can I be your mooch? Why not a 2 for 1 post. 
    Bigshizza said:
    Padrons and Nica Libres are the same cigar, just slightly different band.
  • krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin
    jgibv said:
    krebsie said:
    Nolagizmo said:
    jarubla said:
    Bob_Luken said:

Done
    keep it "stickied" at the top but also have it appear in the "recent discussions" tab when new comments are posted......

since that would:
    prevent us from having manually bump it (like with the old forum software) ........

There might be,  but that may sticky it to both Recent discussions and whatever category its originally in. 
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    krebsie said:
    jgibv said:
    krebsie said:
    Nolagizmo said:
    jarubla said:
    Bob_Luken said:

Done

since that would:

There might be,  but that may sticky it to both Recent discussions and whatever category its originally in. 
    I think we should make this a closed forum whereas only those that are as sexy as @Bigshizza are allowed in. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    With my oldest son a freshman at Ball State University and youngest son playing high school hockey I find enjoyment in what I can afford. Thanks for your observation.
    Bigshizza said:
    With my oldest son a freshman at Ball State University and youngest son playing high school hockey I find enjoyment in what I can afford. Thanks for your observation.
    The definition of Viaje is; trip or journey.  It fits because those cigars need to go on a loooooooong a$$ vacation because they suck balls.