Home Non Cigar Related

New bottle opener

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
I have broken two bottle openers in the past two days and wanted to ask if yall know where to get some cool ones?  
Thanks
One God, One Truth

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    No joke, I picked up a craftsman one from Sears a few years ago. It is a beauty.

No lifetime warranty though...
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to always date bartenders in my younger days. I have a collection of "barblades" I accumulated from sleepovers. They work great and don't break.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you able to mount one on a wall or cabinet?  Those wall mounted ones work so well, and fun to use too.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have broken two bottle openers in the past two days and wanted to ask if yall know where to get some cool ones?  
    Thanks
    Uncrate has pages of pretty cool ones: https://uncrate.com/search/bottle+opener/

If I didn't already have more bottle openers than I know what to do with, I'd pick up the "bottle key" on page 4: http://uncrate.com/stuff/bottle-key/

And I agree with Peter @peter4jc ; about the wall mounted option; great choice if you can do it. 
    I mounted 1 on the side of my grill and it's awesome; going to pick up another one to mount in the garage. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    I used to always date bartenders in my younger days. I have a collection of "barblades" I accumulated from sleepovers. They work great and don't break.
    What was his name?  :D
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    You can never go wrong with a church key. 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo said:
    You can never go wrong with a church key. 
    Love the old school reference. When I say church key now, nobody knows what the heck I'm talking about.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I've never heard them called anything else. They're fantastic though. Magnetic, right there on the fridge door minimizing the time between when my beer leaves the fridge and when it gets in my belly. Nearly indestructible and only a couple bucks. Doubles as a prison shank in a pickle. It'll open your can of pork n' beans too. What's not to like? 
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Just buy screw off caps. Problem solved. Or set the edge of the cap on a sharp edge of counter top and smack top of cap. It will pop right off. Or buy a Swiss Army knife. Always in your pocket and ready to serve. 
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Nolagizmo said:
    What was his name?  :D
    Peggy....

Like in the commercial for capital one.
    (Deep voice) Hi this is peggy....
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My BIC not only lights my cigars but it opens my beer too. They are sturdy, reliable, easy to carry, and cheap.  Best bottle opener I have ever used.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Go vintage. Actual antique. If nobody else broke it in the last 50, 60 years,.......... you won't either. 

Check antique shops and junk shops. Head straight for the glass cabinets where they keep the the smalls. The smaller, easily shoplifted items. 
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @roland_7707 and any other beer drinker. For a bottle opener go to www.etsy.com and search Yopener, read the story, buy an opener. I own a few and have given more than a few out as gifts. On top of the story it's a simple concept that makes it the perfect opener.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Just checked that out Todd. Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried using Todd's Yopener.  It was too complicated.  He made fun of me.  
    I almost unfriended him there on the spot.  Then he showed me his sausage and we were cool again.
    #truestory 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried using Todd's Yopener.  It was too complicated.  He made fun of me.  
    I almost unfriended him there on the spot.  Then he showed me his sausage and we were cool again.
    #truestory 
    It's true, I was there. Todd has great looking meat though. 
    @roland_7707

Did you end up picking something up?
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Nope. Havent had the time to go anywhere this weekend. 
    One God, One Truth
    Hi Roland,

Were you able to pick something up?
    @bandyt09 said one is on its way. Ill post up when I get it. 
    One God, One Truth
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bandyt09 said one is on its way. Ill post up when I get it. 
    Just got this email today, I hope it helps.

Hey, got it a couple of days ago.  I will try and post a pic of the Yopener tonight.  Thanks again @bandyt09
    One God, One Truth