Home Cigar 101

Alkaline Water????

kemper74kemper74 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
Weird question that I couldn't answer from a friend.  Will water with Alkaline in it damage a cigar if stored using it instead of PG???

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know your answer either by why not just use distilled water?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • kemper74kemper74 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    That's what I asked him.  Said he didn't have any at the time and this was all he had.  MAJOR rookie.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kemper74 said:
    That's what I asked him.  Said he didn't have any at the time and this was all he had.  MAJOR rookie.

would probably be ok if it was only 1 time. 
    but definitely use distilled water or PG solution from here on out. 

if your friend is that worried about it have him switch out the humidifier for a new one (is it beads, gel, etc?)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• kemper74kemper74 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    I think he's using gel.  I'll have to ask him.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it'd matter.  I use distilled, but the reason they say to use distilled is so any minerals in the water doesn't muck up your gel or beads when the water evaporates and leaves the minerals behind.  I might be wrong, but don't think whatever is in the water is going to end up in the cigars.

Ask you friend what is Alkaline, and how it got in the water.  That sounds like someone either doesn't know the terminology or doesn't understand water.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • UseAsDirectedUseAsDirected Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/what-is-alkaline-water.html

I don't think it will hurt anything more than using tap water....Just buy some distilled water it's inexpensive and avoids any issues :)

Or;
    http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Distilled-Water
    "Even a fool has a talent"
    -That one guy