Home Cigar 101

Shorty's!

handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
Hey guys...sorry ive been away...quick update...got a new job...new town...things are going well. In my new fast paced life ive found the need to shorten my smoke time. I love big ring gauges and full bodied smokes, but now I'm looking to shorten my smoking times on occasion...(like a lunch break) I know this has been a topic posted a zillion times but im too lazy to look through all the posts....if you can help me out...just name a few corona's or short smokes you know of that are of good quality so i can throw together my own sampler. No need for the 5 vegas shorty cause ive got that one in my cart already...thanks guys!!!! (and gals respectively)

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I haven't had it (or if I have, it was many, many years ago), but the Punch Punch has a lot of fans. The best shorties I've had recently were the Oliva O perfecto and the Nub Cameroon torpedo. I don't think I've smoked any coronas. I do have a few Uppman coronas in the humi now, though. I'll try to remember to let you know if they're any good, when I get around to smoking one. They should be rested enough in another week or so.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If you haven't tried one yet, I'd recommend checking out the Cusano P1 Cafe Robusto (5 x36) for a short smoke, roughly 30-45 minutes. Or for a real flavor bomb, the same line but the Corona size, that was my favorite from the line.
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Well I just burned a nice smaller cigar, and I would strongly recommend it....
    La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994.
    Small corona size, but not short on flavor. This smdoke is a little pricey, but if it fits into your budget, it's definately worth a shot.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    CAO makes tins. I think the italias translate fairly well into small cigars. Gurkha makes some as well but ive never seen them in person.
  • handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    wow..thanks guys great suggestions. I have about 26 cigars coming in the mail now...should suffice my shorty craving for awhile and give me an idea of which ones I might like to add to an everyday list...keep the suggestions coming if you think of anymore!!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back handypantz, been a while. Above were all good suggestions but right now my favorite short smoke is the Punch champion. Maybe next time. Good luck with new life as well :)