Home Non Cigar Related

So how are you?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been having a hard time keeping up here. lol Work, home, genealogy work and family have been taking up most of my free time. lol

So how are you all doing? Whats new and whats everyone up to? Any upcoming projects/vacations/plans for you?

Ive just been pluggin away with research on my genealogy, working on my Graham Clan tent for the 2016 Highland games and spending time with the fam. lol

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo Chris, 

Work is busy for me, between that and family time, I have been pretty pegged. 

Life is good -- my company is growing, kids are learning lots in school, and my chickens (raised them from chicks this spring) are laying eggs. Well, that decides it, I have chickens, so I guess I am a red neck, lol.

Glad to hear your clan Graham plans are taking off!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Toiling away learning how to roll cigars. The wrapper is easy and the secret is in the bunching and the blend is in the bunch. Going to roll some petite coronas tomorrow. I rolled these on Friday. The top two are maduro wrapped and the five in a row are habano. Haven't trimmed the foot yet.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toiling away learning how to roll cigars. The wrapper is easy and the secret is in the bunching and the blend is in the bunch. Going to roll some petite coronas tomorrow. I rolled these on Friday. The top two are maduro wrapped and the five in a row are habano. Haven't trimmed the foot yet.
    Your getting Purdy guud at Dat Der Rollin stuff... you may not need to order future humidor refills  :D
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    Yo Chris, 

Work is busy for me, between that and family time, I have been pretty pegged. 

Life is good -- my company is growing, kids are learning lots in school, and my chickens (raised them from chicks this spring) are laying eggs. Well, that decides it, I have chickens, so I guess I am a red neck, lol.

Glad to hear your clan Graham plans are taking off!

-Jay

Glad to hear life is good for you! I totally understand busy work and balancing family time. its hard, but if done right its totally worth it.

Ive always wanted to raise chickens! I think this house has a nice enough yard for set aside some space to get a few and try our luck. :)

Not too shabby!!! Those look better than most Gurkhas ive seen. lol How long you been rolling?
    I've been rolling about two months. Must have rolled 50 cigars. Learning a whole lot about tobacco and blending. Trying to put some of the fresh rolls cigars away for a few months to let the blends mellow.  Here is one I burned yesterday.image
    I've been rolling about two months. Must have rolled 50 cigars. Learning a whole lot about tobacco and blending. Trying to put some of the fresh rolls cigars away for a few months to let the blends mellow.  Here is one I burned yesterday.image
    Very nice! how was it?
    Better than most $5 cigars that i have bought. The flavors were kind of sharp with the stick being right of the rolling board. A couple of weeks or even months in the humi will let the cigar mellow a bit. My cost 1.25.
    Better than most $5 cigars that i have bought. The flavors were kind of sharp with the stick being right of the rolling board. A couple of weeks or even months in the humi will let the cigar mellow a bit. My cost 1.25.

If you don't mind me asking... what did it cost to get started rolling your own cigars?