Home Non Cigar Related

Black Friday breakfast

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, I did my part this morning toward using up the leftover turkey. I scrambled an egg and rolled it and some turkey meat and stuffing into a freshly warmed tortilla. Chipotle has nothing on me - my breakfast burrito was quite tasty. Next time I'll include a bit of cranberry sauce as well....   B)

Comments

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    I went with Pumpkin Pie! One of the drawbacks of eating at families house is no leftovers, but the wife did bake some pies!
    Post edited by cbuck on
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we just stayed at home. I did a turkey breast and my child bride did the sides. Poor baby, she worked her fanny off but we had a nice, quiet dinner with some champagne and light classical music...  It was nice. 

I made her sleep in this morning. Actually all I did was not wake her up. We're getting too old to do big meals like that - we don't have the stamina any more. 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bearswatter has been sick as a dog for two weeks. We called off Thanksgiving. The daughters and grandchildren scattered elsewhere. We stayed in. I ate popcorn and slim jims, watched the Eagles get slaughtered. She dozed in the recliner. It was the least feast ever. This morning, left her sleeping, went to the office, nuked a frozen chicken pot pie, drained a V8. Hopefully, she gets her schidt together, we'll roast a turkey next week. 

Did roll up some cigars tho.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Bearswatter has been sick as a dog for two weeks. We called off Thanksgiving. The daughters and grandchildren scattered elsewhere. We stayed in. I ate popcorn and slim jims, watched the Eagles get slaughtered. She dozed in the recliner. It was the least feast ever. This morning, left her sleeping, went to the office, nuked a frozen chicken pot pie, drained a V8. Hopefully, she gets her schidt together, we'll roast a turkey next week. 

Did roll up some cigars tho.

Sorry to hear that, Bro. Best wishes to her. Hope she gets better soon. 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had coffee this am for breakfast.

I do enjoy having company over -- gotta confess though, this Turkey day took a bit out of me, lol. All the prep work, and all the cleanup.

To be honest, my guests tried to help clean up and I waved them off -- as well as Mrs Jarubla so she could entertain. But I am worn out!

Today I feel like a bit of an agoraphobic! lol
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this for breakfastimage
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    You gotta start in the morning, if you are gonna drink all day!  LOL
    I look forward to the leftover turkey every year. Sandwiches, hash,....I could go on like the guy talking about shrimp in Forrest Gump.