Home Non Cigar Related

How many are law enforcement

YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
This may have been done before.  How many of us are present or retired law enforcement?

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have started with myself.  I spent 30 years in law enforcement retiring as
    Chief of Police in Ithaca, NY.  I now teach criminal justice at a community college in NC.  It's warmer and nicer down here!
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy.... 13 years deputy
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Federal LEO, retired.  25 years, 4 months, and 1 day....not that I was counting or anything of that nature. 

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • LeftOversLeftOvers Posts: 196 ✭✭
    worked security fo hickory farms
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    16 yrs in Chicago…. 13 more to go…...
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once drove a police care with lights and sirens blasting. Does that count?
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    lilwing88 said:
    16 yrs in Chicago…. 13 more to go…...
    Good to know
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcb1VCkFll4

@lilwing88 ... What was going on here? I found the tactics amusing especially the brick through the rear window.  Also, does anyone wear a uniform? 
    -- Winston Churchill

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man!  Keystone Cops revisited....  LOL
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He forgot to use his turn signal. Just kidding of course
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I think they needed to call in for 20 - 30 more cops...  LOL
    This showed up on PostSecret this weekend:

https://postsecretdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/1-undercover.jpg?w=334&h=526

Okay, which one of you sent this in?

Definitely Stubble
    -- Winston Churchill

Usaf06 said:
    Definitely Stubble
    Stubby!  Is that you?
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

The boss said it was part of "sorely" needed sensitivity training. 

I say.....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I want to Thank you all for what you've done and are still doing. Thank you. 

My f-i-l is a retired detective who started in  patrol with an actual walking beat. The stories he tells are hilarious. 

• Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My father was cop for 30 years, probably longer, he has been dead for decade or better now.  Have a couple stories from his lifetime of being cop but will share one that has always stuck with me.

I was 8 at the time so it would have been 1974 lived in small town population around 45,000 people. One day we all went to the grocery store, mom, dad two sisters and myself.  We start to pull into parking lot and suddenly dad hits the gas in the car, pulls in beside a gas station in the same parking lot slams on the brakes, grabs his gun from the glove compatrtment, ALWAYS had one in there. 

He tells all of us sto stay in the car. He gets out hides at the corner of the station then this guy comes running out into the parking.  Dad yells at him, guy keeps running, dad fires a round off the guy stops running. Then dad gets him down on the ground handcuffs him then brings back to the car.   Dad puts bad guy in the front seat, mom drives with me and my sisters in the back seat, off we go to the police station. Dad had his pistol pushed against that guy's head the whole way there. 

Still remember dads words when he put the bad guy in the front seat,  "get in, I have my wife and kids in this car you make a move and I'll blow your brains all over the car".   I left out all the curse words. 

I have a couple more stories about him catching bad guys but that is the most memorable for me growing up. 

Thank you guys for all you do.  

Wowzer^^^^
    -- Winston Churchill

• flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Stubble said:

Federal LEO, retired.  25 years, 4 months, and 1 day....not that I was counting or anything of that nature. 

Holy Crap, all those times I called you a Texas Ranger!! I was Damn close!!
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys for what you do! 
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    I once drove a police care
    with lights and sirens blasting. Does that count?
    I live in a small county in Kansas were I think we have like 5 guys in the sheriff department and 1 police officer. I use to service the police car and 1 day while pulling it outta the shop I seen the sheriff  so I got up behind him and threw on the lights and siren, walked up to pickup like Barney Fithe  and he laughed his butt  off. Living in rural Kansas has its advantages. 

On a more serious note I want to thank yall for what you do, sacrifices you make and risks you take. Like our troops/veterans, firefighters  and paramedics yall do not get shown appreciation near enough. 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    I once drove a police care with lights and sirens blasting. Does that count?
    I've got to ride in the back a couple times. Ahh, memories.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was s deputy for 11 years. Was hard to leave and I miss it often.