Home Cigar 101

Looking for Advice on Tatuaje Cigars

CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
People really seem to like these cigars so I am deciding to give them a try, but I don't know where to start. 

Can you recommend a box to buy?
How do make this text turn upside down?
Tagged:

Comments

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By fivers Don't buy a box to start sample as many flavors as you can and then figure out which box to buy.
    I like casita Criolla and riqueza out of the easy to find ones but I also like just about everyone I can get my hands on.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They make a Lancero sampler, if you like skinny cigars.  You'd have a change to try a few blends. The cabaiguan, cazadorez (brown label), and Fausto are very good.  The newer, tattoo is a great smoke, especially for the price. You almost cannot go wrong though, if you like a classic Nicaraguan profile
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My palate likes all tatuaje with the exception of the monsters, for some reason I don't care for them.  In my opinion pick up singles and if you really like it try another one, if after the second one you still really like it buy the box.  For this brand it will probably be difficult because they are all really really good.  My first tatuaje box was the 7th capa especial, this was quickly followed by others.  
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    My advice is to buy them :)

I like 'em

I follow Pete Johnson on bookface. Cool dude, would love to meet him
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had very few, all were good.  I remember liking the La Riqueza a LOT.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there has never been a tat that I would not smoke again however some have been better than others.  

I like the idea of the lancero sampler box but if you are not a lancero fan then I would try to get a few 5ers of different ones before going with a box of anything.

Havana VI Verocu, 10 yr anniversary, tattoo, Reserva's, black for his regular stuff would be good things to look into IMO.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. I actually found a sampler with:  

Havana VI, Black, Cabaiguan, La Riqueza and Tattoo for $34.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got your name changed! Good!

Do that sampler, and swing back here and let us know your thoughts on each

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    I definitely will! 
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's a good starter kit for a future tat lover. :)
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Miami is good also. Got a little age on some tattoos and they are very enjoyable. 

One thing I enjoy doing is checking out the what are you smoking threads and looking them up. Buying a box of tattoo I think would be fairly safe but I prefer buying 5 packs and 10 packs on sale or auctions. I figure it gives you a couple to try to see if you like them, unless they are totally horrid I like to try at least 2 at different interval of rest/age before passing judgement. And say you don't like em  it gives you trade or ammo sticks.

I'm personally not a fan of MOST samplers. I prefer  smaller ring cigars and not a fan of cones. Most samplers have larger cigars and or throw in less disireable cigars to get the count up. But that's just my .02.
    Post edited by kswildcat on