Home Non Cigar Related

The Donald

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I would bet my last dollar that Trump has no interest whatsoever in winning the presidency. Every time his numbers jump after a tirade he must wonder "what the f*ck is happening?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the same thing at first, that he was just looking for some fun.  But once his poll numbers went up and his popularity spiked and he thought he has a chance at winning, I'll bet he is now all in.

My fear is that he won't get the nomination, because hey, he should not be president, and then he'll run as an independent and split off enough conservative votes that Hillary will win.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    See, I'm opposite here to most of you. I want the Donald to be nominated just so Hillary will have a better chance of winning. In fact, I think the Democratic Party should aggressively lobby Democrats in every state to re-register as Republicans and vote for Trump in their GOP primaries to make sure he gets the nomination. If Republicans want to use the same strategy to get Bernie nominated for the Democrats, all the power to them. The whole system has been rigged for decades anyway, so why not play the game? 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I want for Christmas are new Presidential candidates.
  • The Donald makes me look like a nice guy.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why anyone would want Hillary Clinton as president. But then again Obama got elected twice so... 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    raisindot said:
    See, I'm opposite here to most of you. I want the Donald to be nominated just so Hillary will have a better chance of winning. In fact, I think the Democratic Party should aggressively lobby Democrats in every state to re-register as Republicans and vote for Trump in their GOP primaries to make sure he gets the nomination. If Republicans want to use the same strategy to get Bernie nominated for the Democrats, all the power to them. The whole system has been rigged for decades anyway, so why not play the game? 
    Why? You think she will sell more pardons than her old man did? Or you just want to find out the hard way why she's been trotting round the world taking money from tyrants and laundering it through a tax exempt pretend charity?

I am convinced, tho, the reason the media are all over Trump is exactly the strategy our lefty loonie friend suggests. That, and the fact media loves a train wreck.

I'll take anyone chosen at random from a phone book right now. You pick the phone book.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope that this sh!tshow will lead to a true third party in American politics. Both parties let the fringe control the middle and it serves no one I know.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    doesn't US politics seem like a reality-show experiment gone wrong?

if it comes down to trump vs hilliary, god help us all.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    What's pathetic is of the what 26 people that ran or are running America is screwed no matter who wins.

I think if someone did a little investegating they would find Obama has stock in firearm and ammunition manufacturer's. Every time he flaps his lips all I hear is buy more guns and ammo. He is totally ignorant if  he truly hates guns because he would keep his trap shut. Best firearm and ammunition salesman in history.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:

I'll take anyone chosen at random from a phone book right now. You pick the phone book.
    I have darts,  we could set the book up and toss them at a page.

I watched about 90 minutes of the debates.  There seems to be consensus that all the worlds ills are, in fact, Obama's fault.

Carly seemed like she might have some sense, but I don't know all that much about her, same with Kasich. 

and, I think I'd better buy more ammo soon.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to Obama, all the world's ills are the fault of Bush.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see someone other than Trump get the nomination, say Cruz or Rubio, and whoever it is, choose Carly as his running mate.  I'd actually trust her with the nomination, but think she'd be especially good as VP.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    According to Obama, all the world's ills are the fault of Bush.

More like global warming and fiscal inequality. 
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for the Pirate Party to make it's way here...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party_of_Sweden
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Bigsmoke78Bigsmoke78 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    **** show!