Home General Discussion

My Father and Arturo Fuente

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered a sampler a couple of months ago of My Fathers sticks and just about done with them. Wow! Wanted to thank you guys for the input. Really like the Flor de Las Antillas and the La Duena. Le Bijou was very good also. Forget that, that are all freaking fantastic.

Any thoughts on the Arturo Fuente magnum r? Might be around a b&m this weekend if I can get out of work early enough and for some reason I cant find them online to order?

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuente is good ...... Pho is better
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • KeiranKeiran Posts: 22 ✭✭
    No experience with the Magnum R but I've never had a bad Fuente. They are one of the most consistent brands I have smoked so far. My main go to is the Fuente Hemmingway Short Story. Definitely suggest trying a few Fuentes if you get the chance.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keiran said:
    No experience with the Magnum R but I've never had a bad Fuente. They are one of the most consistent brands I have smoked so far. My main go to is the Fuente Hemmingway Short Story. Definitely suggest trying a few Fuentes if you get the chance.
    Definitely going to try different Fuentes 
  • wheel366wheel366 Posts: 41 ✭✭✭

Fuente is my favorite brand.  That being said, I don't like everything that they make.  SO, all I can say is try.  My suggestion is to start with the Grand Reserve line and go from there.  Very consistent and tasty.  Much different than any DPG I have ever had.  Then try the Hemingway and Hemingway Maduro.  Then Don Carlos.  Then the Magnum, sungrown and end with the opus as long as you can find them close to MSRP.  If you look you can find them for a decent price.  A lot of places mark them up way to much. 

The Chateau series isn't my favorite but I know a lot of people who like them a lot.

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks 
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curly Heads are the best. 
    They taste like Yellow Krylon
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hemmingway Maduros, The Shark, Don Carlos, King and Queen all good!!
  • wheel366wheel366 Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    Oh My God!  I forgot my favorite.  Shame on me!  Anejo #55!  I buy a box every year.