Home Cigar 101

Cigar Jars.

Ok so I was having a nice night in my apartment (I am a college student) when I go to get a cigar out to have a relaxing smoke after a day of tests, I come to find out that ALL of my cigars are molded, little round white spots on my cigars. I had a nice selection of cigars.  I was wondering if it was my Cigar Jar(that I bought for this site) that did it or what happened?  My Humidity is always around 70-75ish.  Can anyone help me? 

Thanks
Zak

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've heard that it's very easy to get mold in a cigar jar. With an RH between 70-75, it's not terribly surprising either since the jar probably doesn't allow much air exchange. If you're lucky, you might be able to wipe the mold off and salvage your cigars...give it a shot, probably with a dry cloth I'd guess would be best. And if you can get some humidity beads for future use, this shouldn't happen again.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any luck.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    70-75% is a bit high. Dorms are hot. bad combo. get the RH and the temp down.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Klingon_tlz:
    Ok so I was having a nice night in my apartment (I am a college student) when I go to get a cigar out to have a relaxing smoke after a day of tests, I come to find out that ALL of my cigars are molded, little round white spots on my cigars. I had a nice selection of cigars.  I was wondering if it was my Cigar Jar(that I bought for this site) that did it or what happened?  My Humidity is always around 70-75ish.  Can anyone help me? 

Thanks
    Zak
    Hey Klingon.. TLHINGON, Nuqnell, wejpuH ! gaStaH nuq ? buy' ngop ghobe ! yI' el mag' gaw Haquo' DaqHomvam lurur bogh Daq Hommey'e'...
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Klingon_tlz:

Thanks
    Zak
    Hey Klingon.. Nuqnell, gaStaH nuq ? buy' ngop ghobe ! yI' el mag' gaw Haquo' DaqHomvam lurur bogh Daq Hommey'e'...
    That's freakin' funny!
    kaspera79:
    Klingon_tlz:

Thanks
    Zak
    Hey Klingon.. TLHINGON, Nuqnell, wejpuH ! gaStaH nuq ? buy' ngop ghobe ! yI' el mag' gaw Haquo' DaqHomvam lurur bogh Daq Hommey'e'...
    Kas, I never pegged you for a Trekkie. Smile [:)]
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Klingon_tlz:

Thanks
    Zak
    Kas, I never pegged you for a Trekkie. Smile [:)]
    Actually, I'm not. ( thlngan Hol vljatlhla Hbe') I never saw a complete episode or movie ever. Just a guy who takes the time to make all members feel at home. With a little help here, you would be surprised at what google can do for you.
    haha, nice
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    NERD ALERT!!!

That one statement alone makes me realize that you **** has not been touched by any other hands than your own....

Well, any other HUMAN hands... Illinois' has Zoos
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Lasabar:
    NERD ALERT!!!

That one statement alone makes me realize that you **** has not been touched by any other hands than your own....

Well, any other HUMAN hands... Illinois' has Zoos
    Jeez Lassy, you made me laugh so hard I started coughing like I had the bacon lung again!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh god. Now I HAVE to learn Klingon. I never knew it was actually a language.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    You sir, have seen a **** before!
  • clearlysuspect:
    you can download the Klingon font for Word, too.
    klingon