Home General Discussion

Best hunting pics of the day

Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
Five hours in the tree stand today and these are the best things I saw. 

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably didn't see a deer because they smelled the ceeegar, or wish for that matter. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice buck Chuck.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one indeed. And I was hoping you were the real Chuck Norris the whole time. Dammit!!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    I had the pleasure of stopping at Outlaw cigars on the trip back to Minnesota. That place is A1.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Why u shootin my deer man? Lol ... We're in Kansas did ya get it? Could of at least showed me a few moves while in state lol

Hope it was the sob that ran out in front of me in Sept. . 
    Post edited by kswildcat on
    I lease a property NW of Hutchinson. I'll be thru again next year.
    Kewls... 70 miles from me ... When I'm home anyway which is rarely these days..  Some fairly decent hunting in that area
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    That 2nd one had a nice beard at least
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, spotlighting deer is legal in Kansas??   :p
    Might be one them there guided hunts were they walk 1 in front of you on a leash lol
    Hee hee, by the looks of things in that photo, this one musta been shot at around 2:30am..    :p
    Chuck's truck?
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daughter shot his last year

She got herself a nice one. Bet dad was super proud also.. congrats 
    Well, good for her. I'm proud of her.  And I'll bet Dad was proud, too.  That's a good looking buck she's got there....  B)
    jlmarta said:
    Hee hee, by the looks of things in that photo, this one musta been shot at around 2:30am..    :p
    Funny.
    Photo was taken in a pole barn. You can see the sunlight coming thru the door at the bottom of the pic.
    Mebbe so - but it LOOKS like it's pitch black out there and the light is coming from headlights of a vehicle .....  :p

Nice buck, anyway....
    Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right...
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little buck and 2 doe this year. 
    Glock1975 said:
    Don't think that one was worth a picture...  :D.... Great stick though
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975 said:
    You shoot a dog, lol  :) if it's flies it dies and f its brown its down.  2 hunting rules to live by
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh u just asking for aren't u Nick
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975 said:
    Good eats! Most humans I know who deer hunt jerk most of it (amazing, btw), save for the back straps. 

As as you harvested three, how did you butcher them out? Did you go the jerky route at all?

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Ive had a big season so far this year.  Hammered a Bull Elk, Prong Buck, Mule Deer Buck, White Tail Buck, White Tail Doe, a few coyotes and a few geese.  Rounding out december with a few more goose hunts then have late season white tail and a Red Stag hunt teed up for January along with some more predator hunting.  The Elk was definitely a tough and memorable hunt.

Sweet
    Congrats on that Elk. I visited an Indian Reservation in New Mexico a few years ago and was able to watch them clean the Elk. I have some cool pics. The jerky was excellent. I could only imagine how good the steaks are
    -- Winston Churchill

From my experience, once you've eaten elk you'll throw rocks at beef. There's nothing better than killing and eating an old, dry cow elk. Moose might come in second but it's still better than beef. 
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975 said:
    I always thought they were bigger in Ohio.