Home General Discussion

Looking for a cutter

Given that my current cutter can make a robusto into a belisco............ -.-!

Anyone has any recommendation for a good cutter that is around $10? I just have one request: sharp. So sharp that can make clean flat cut.
Tagged:

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that I use my punch more often than any of my cutters. It's cheap, reliable and always handy on my keychain.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Cheap and sharp usually dont go well together.  I would make a recomendation to look into a Xikar Xi2 or Xi3 cutter.  They are very sharp and if they ever dull or you have issues Xikar's lifetime warranty cannot be beat.  You will pay about $40 for a Xi2 but you wont need to buy another cutter again.

http://www.cigar.com/cutters/37329/xikar-xi2-cutter/

Another option is the Colibri Vcutter.  Its not a typical flat cut but since I got a vcutter I have not used anything else.  This runs about $40 as well.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Definitely spend the $30-$40 and get a really nice Cutter and then you won't have to constantly get new ones. Xikar makes great stuff and I really like the MTX Scissors. I also just got the Colibri V Cutter that Brad mentioned from my Secret Santa and it's a fantastic Cutter as well. Just find the style you want whether it be Scissors, V Cutter, Punch or just the normal style and go from there.
    Post edited by jimmyv723 on
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    They make cutters? I've been biting the end off.

Seriously get a  Xikar. If ur  patient  you can get deals
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xikar X1 would be my recommendation, worth the extra $

http://www.cigar.com/cutters/39306/xikar-xi1-cutter/
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    Xikar X1 would be my recommendation, worth the extra $

http://www.cigar.com/cutters/39306/xikar-xi1-cutter/
    The Xi2 is basically the same thing with nylon (plastic) instead of being all metal. Save you a few bucks. There is a thread around here somewhere where some guys said it was supposed to be just as good. 
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an Xi1, 2 and 3.  Both rock so if he is on a budget I would do the 2 since its the cheapest of the 3.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The v-cutter and scissors are on my list
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used my Xi3 religiously, until a bud gave me a Xikar V cutter for my b'day in October, now it's about all I use - works great on belicosos and torpedos too.  If it was my money though, I'd get the Colibri V, just to save a few bucks.

Look at it this way mmkuchi; how much do you spend on cigars?  How long will a $10 cutter last you?  Pony up the $30-40 and it's a one-time hit that will last forever, and do justice to your beautiful Ghurkas.  ;-)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited December 2015
    I have a spare colibri. pm me your addy and Ill send it over for ya.

http://www.colibri.com/smoking-accessories/cigar-cutters/cut.html
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

CiGuru CP001 Metal Cigar Punch Keychain With Retractable Blade

I have a Xikar Xi1 and Xi3, Xikar scissors, 2 sizes of Xikar punch cutters, V cutters, etc, etc.  The one I grab 9 times out of 10 is a $7.50 punch cutter.  Small, locks in place, spring loaded to push the disk out, and just run a piece of sandpaper around the edge once in a while to clean and sharpen.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a Bugatti lighter, with a punch in the bottom. I use that 90% of the time
    I'll send it out after Christmas.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very happy with my Xikar.
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    I'll send it out after Christmas.
    Thank you very much! Merry Christmas!