Home General Discussion

Inspiration

WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
While I have enjoyed cigars for awhile, having a community of BOTLs like this has provided much inspiration to bring this "hobby" to new heights. I enjoy reading the reviews and seeing the general comraderie. Thank you all, and I look forward to calling this place home
"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you are here, @Wylaff!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went from a single 50 count desk top to two wine coolers and two desk tops since last March.... Be careful :)
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started with a 20, and it was adequate until I came here. Now that's the infused one and I got a 70 for regular sticks. I'm discussing with the wife a cooler for a couple boxes of the ones I like.

I've also been having a blast trying new sticks. And while it's a little ways off, I'm definitely looking forward to hurling a few bombs. I have a couple targets, just acquiring some sticks I think they would enjoy  >:)

That being said, who is the keeper of addresses?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you're gonna stick around!
    i started with a 20 count also, then a 300, then a small cooler, and now a huge cooler! Guess you can say, it's an addicting hobby
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My standard advise if you're going to hang around with this group, get a second job and a larger humidor.  Like the other guys, I started off with a 20 count because that's all I would ever need.

I now have two large ones and 3 smaller ones.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    I started with a 20, and it was adequate until I came here. Now that's the infused one and I got a 70 for regular sticks. I'm discussing with the wife a cooler for a couple boxes of the ones I like.

I've also been having a blast trying new sticks. And while it's a little ways off, I'm definitely looking forward to hurling a few bombs. I have a couple targets, just acquiring some sticks I think they would enjoy  >:)

That being said, who is the keeper of addresses?
    Well quite a few of us old timers have apretty decent collection of address . PM me if your looking for someone specific! Just remember the first ones free after that.....
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I can tell some top shelf people on here. I enjoy reading the forum, looking at the carnage of the bombs and looking up the cigars in the bombs and what are you smoking threads. I drive a semi and I gave up on the humidor and bought a small cooler for the truck and a bigger cooler for home. 

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wylaff    PM me your addy.  I will get you on the mailing list for the newsletter.  Great info.  
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    What a sap 
    Sorry, I had a little Christmas sentiment in my eye.

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm kidding :)  I always kid on the forum.  Welcome!  
  • OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wylaff    PM me your addy.  I will get you on the mailing list for the newsletter.  Great info.  
    Wait, he has not gotten the newsletter?
    QC is slipping here. @Wylaff has been here long enough, please let him know what is going on. 
    This post needs a song!!

http://youtu.be/MrJSKvX0AcI
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    ^ meant to follow the 'Inspiration' theme. Us 80's kids are conditioned to think of songs for certain trigger words
    You had me at "Our love was meant to be..."
    But alas, it can not be. As much as I lament it in the night...

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayne, you've got a "Welcome Wagon" box heading your way.  <3

And I deleted your address from the Activity Board, as promised.  But it is saved in my address book, so behave yourself or I'll be forced to spread it around.  :smile: 

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Thank you Peter! Definitely looking forward to trying some new smokes.  :)

@rsherman24 this is going to be a very enjoyable newsletter to read  :p

Thank you both for the Smokey warm welcome.